cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One 7-10 day msg, One instant approval!? ? ? ??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

One 7-10 day msg, One instant approval!? ? ? ??

So for whatever reason, probably irresponsibility, I apped for the new CapOne Cash Rewards card last night and received the 7-10 day decision message. Then today I ended up on the AMEX website and they had this little thing where you put in your name,address, and last four of your ssn and they see if they have any "pre-selected" offers for you without it affecting your credit score. So I did and they said I could apply for the Green charge card or the Blue credit card. So I apped for the Blue and got an instant approval!?!?!?! WTH? I mean...I don't know for sure yet if I was declined by CapOne but to get the delay message from them and an instant approval from AMEX is crazy. 

Anyways stoked and back to gardening. . . .

Smiley Tongue

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

Re: One 7-10 day msg, One instant approval!? ? ? ??

Nice..Smiley Happy in your favor.

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 2 of 3
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: One 7-10 day msg, One instant approval!? ? ? ??

You applied the excellent credit version right (no AF)? Capital One is extremely strict for excellent credit version. I'd say they are even more strict than AMEX credit card.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.