Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One LAST app for a while -- AMEX BCE...

tag
flyingace
Valued Member

One LAST app for a while -- AMEX BCE...

So, despite my best intentions, the May sunshine this wknd brought me back out of the garden to apply... I was looking for one more card to add to my newfound collection. I've discovered that I'm a fan of reward cards, as I don't travel enough to warrant any travel-type services. And I don't have any pressing loan needs or refi needs until AT LEAST early next year, so I figure I'll let all the cards age at once, and build up a solid history (as I plan to use the cards on everyday purchases that already have been accounted/paid for through my debit card anyway). 

Was on the fence about apping for American Express BCE, given AMEX's penchant for wanting a solid age of account and prior history with them. But my EXP (which I've been told they pull) was solid for now, as are the inquiries on the reports (each of my lenders has pulled from different reports, so not one of them is overly stacked with inqs). Well I was APPROVED!!! Solid card to start out (in addition to Discover It), so I am very set for the year and extended the gardening date! 

Truly can't wait to start and I know you all say this a lot, but THANKS to everyone on this forum, it's a big help in financial literacy, as, coming out college, it's difficult to find anything resembling a master class in how to manage your credit and finances. 

Accepting questions and admonishments now! LOL. 

In my Snoopy holder: NFCU Flagship Sig Visa-- $11K | Chase Freedom -- $2500 | AMEX BCE -- $2000 | Amazon Visa -- $2000 | Discover It $1500| Old Navy Visa -- $1000 | Target Red Card -- $300

TU (Disc Pull 4/29/13) -- 752 | AmexEQ (6/13/13) -- 728 | AmexEXP-- 737 | AmexTU-- 737 (5/28/13)
Goals: 740 EQ/EXP/TU
Gardening until 12/3/13 -- or longer
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: One LAST app for a while -- AMEX BCE...

Grats!
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 15
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

Congrats I was approved to day as well we're Amex twins!

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 3 of 15
flyingace
Valued Member

@unc0mm0n1 wrote:

Congrats I was approved to day as well we're Amex twins!

LOL. Had to add this to the lineup. They can grow up together!

In my Snoopy holder: NFCU Flagship Sig Visa-- $11K | Chase Freedom -- $2500 | AMEX BCE -- $2000 | Amazon Visa -- $2000 | Discover It $1500| Old Navy Visa -- $1000 | Target Red Card -- $300

TU (Disc Pull 4/29/13) -- 752 | AmexEQ (6/13/13) -- 728 | AmexEXP-- 737 | AmexTU-- 737 (5/28/13)
Message 4 of 15
tk_0014
Established Member

Great job! Keep us updated on your journey with it!

I Love mine, and I never knew how awesome American Express was until I apped for the BCE on a whim, and while researching it found this site! I was approved for 1k, but now I kind of wish I would have went for the BCP for the extra % on gas and groceries since I do spend a lot on that stuff. Maybe ill change in 12 more month, in the meantime I am gonna PIF and CLI at every chance. Got a few bucks to pay down on other cards to turbocharge my FICO!

MyFICO (4/13) EQ score 733 CK TU score 6/13 754 FCR EX 4/13 736

CU overdraft protection CL $500 Freedom $3000 CSP $8000 BofA 123Cash Reward $3000 C1 QS1 $1250, C1 QS $5500 PP Cred $2950 Amex BCP $19500 DISC IT: $14,100 Home Depot $8000
Message 5 of 15
flyingace
Valued Member

@tk_0014 wrote:

I Love mine, and I never knew how awesome American Express was until I apped for the BCE on a whim, and while researching it found this site! I was approved for 1k, but now I kind of wish I would have went for the BCP for the extra % on gas and groceries since I do spend a lot on that stuff. Maybe ill change in 12 more month, in the meantime I am gonna PIF and CLI at every chance. Got a few bucks to pay down on other cards to turbocharge my FICO!

Thanks! I'm anxious to see my CL when the card arrives Smiley Happy... and just in time for summer. 

Message 6 of 15
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

@flyingace wrote:

@tk_0014 wrote:

Thanks! I'm anxious to see my CL when the card arrives Smiley Happy... and just in time for summer. 

Call new accounts dept, they can provide you the CL

Message 7 of 15
flyingace
Valued Member

@ibmrad7 wrote:

@flyingace wrote:

@tk_0014 wrote:

Call new accounts dept, they can provide you the CL

It's normal, right? To just call and ask them that? 

Message 8 of 15
911GT3
Established Member

You can call the new accounts 800 number.....the automated system will tell you the approval followed by your CL.

Message 9 of 15
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.