Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Last App Before Garden?

tag
eagles08
Regular Contributor

One Last App Before Garden?

Ok, I have reached two goals that I wanted to get before entering the garden since I guess the AMEX CLI won't start my garden time over since it is a SP. Well everyone around me is getting the Discover IT and i'm getting jealous! I just got a Credit Union card and haven't even received my Chase Freedom but I kinda want the Discover IT now too!!!!! is it worth it? Do the categories ever overlap or could I end up getting gas say 3 out of 4 quarters? That'd be amazing! Also, if i do decide, should I app before or after my 3X CLI with AMEX? Im eligible the second week in June so would it even show before then? Most recent Experian pull was a 707 and Equifax was 670.

My Wallet - Chase Freedom - $3,000
BB&T Platinum Visa - $2,500
American Express Blue Sky - $2,000
Best Buy Store Card - $1,900
Kay Store Card - $1,800
BayPort Classic Visa - $1,000
AMEX BCE- $12,600 I Discover IT- $10,000 I Chase Freedom- $7,000 I Citi Double Cash- $3,300 I Best Buy- $2,800 I Bayport CU Visa- $1,000
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: One Last App Before Garden?

@eagles08 wrote:
Ok, I have reached two goals that I wanted to get before entering the garden since I guess the AMEX CLI won't start my garden time over since it is a SP. Well everyone around me is getting the Discover IT and i'm getting jealous! I just got a Credit Union card and haven't even received my Chase Freedom but I kinda want the Discover IT now too!!!!! is it worth it? Do the categories ever overlap or could I end up getting gas say 3 out of 4 quarters? That'd be amazing! Also, if i do decide, should I app before or after my 3X CLI with AMEX? Im eligible the second week in June so would it even show before then? Most recent Experian pull was a 707 and Equifax was 670.

My Wallet - Chase Freedom - $3,000
BB&T Platinum Visa - $2,500
American Express Blue Sky - $2,000
Best Buy Store Card - $1,900
Kay Store Card - $1,800
BayPort Classic Visa - $1,000

IMO I'd wait 6 months. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 33
eagles08
Regular Contributor

Hmmm, my only argument with that is its either this or nothing! I want to go ahead and garden because I plan to go for a house within the next two years i want 0 inquiries!!!! So if I keep my final apps within a shoter time frame all the inquiries will fall around the same time. What do you think??
AMEX BCE- $12,600 I Discover IT- $10,000 I Chase Freedom- $7,000 I Citi Double Cash- $3,300 I Best Buy- $2,800 I Bayport CU Visa- $1,000
Message 3 of 33
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@eagles08 wrote:
Hmmm, my only argument with that is its either this or nothing! I want to go ahead and garden because I plan to go for a house within the next two years i want 0 inquiries!!!! So if I keep my final apps within a shoter time frame all the inquiries will fall around the same time. What do you think??

1 INQ is not going to kill you. If you really want it go for it now but it could produce a toy limit tho.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 33
eagles08
Regular Contributor

Is Discover known for giving any auto love? Ive read that Chase has started and I love that the CLI for AMEX is only a SP so those I'm not worried about. Same with Best Buy and it seems Kay gives autos as well. Therefore, the main cards I use are either SP or auto which will keep me happily in the garden for a longggg time!
Message 5 of 33
NCGirl
New Contributor

If you wait a few months and allow your credit rating to grow you'll get a better interest rate from Discover. They will probably pull EQ or TU and since your score with EQ is 670, you will get a higher interest rate at this time. IMO

Starting Score: 689
Current Score: 689
Goal Score: 770

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Amex BCE, Discover, FNBO AMEX, Citi Dividend Platinum Select Visa, Blue for Business
(In the garden until November 2013)
Next card Visa Signature - World Elite MC(Business)
Message 6 of 33
eagles08
Regular Contributor

@NCgirl great point! I'm more worried about limit since I HATE carrying any month to month balances. I've had my fair share of credit card debt and worries. However, the only reason I have the BayPort card is for the APR which is 13.99%, not too bad IMO and it is my lowest.
Message 7 of 33
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Me haz a feeling ealgles is going for a Discover card no matter what is said today...................Smiley Tongue

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 33
eagles08
Regular Contributor

Hahahhahahha deep down inside I want to but im still on the fence!!!!!! Plus I dont want to over do it with cards and get flustered and miss a payment. I need a daily planner to keep up with all this!!
Message 9 of 33
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@eagles08 wrote:
Hahahhahahha deep down inside I want to but im still on the fence!!!!!! Plus I dont want to over do it with cards and get flustered and miss a payment. I need a daily planner to keep up with all this!!

Heads - Garden

Tails - DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!

GO!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.