Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Last Prime Card - Suggestions?

tag
nicemann
Established Contributor

One Last Prime Card - Suggestions?

I currently have three BoA and just got approved for a Chase.  I of course have other subprime cards, Wal-Mart, BB MC, Orchard, Target, and JCP.  I want to get one more prime card and then call it quits.  I will not get approved for Discover or AMEX because I am black listed.

Any suggestions of who to go with?  Last one before I just start to garden my credit.  I want to get all my INQs done right now so they will all stop hurting my score about the same time next year.

Thank you!
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: One Last Prime Card - Suggestions?

USbank. I love my Signature
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi or a CU perhaps
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

nicemann wrote:
I currently have three BoA and just got approved for a Chase.  I of course have other subprime cards, Wal-Mart, BB MC, Orchard, Target, and JCP.  I want to get one more prime card and then call it quits.  I will not get approved for Discover or AMEX because I am black listed.

Any suggestions of who to go with?  Last one before I just start to garden my credit.  I want to get all my INQs done right now so they will all stop hurting my score about the same time next year.

Thank you!

I'd go with Citi. Customer service is spectacular, and they are pretty easy to work with regarding CLIs (although, you'll get a hard inq.) and product changes if you decide you want to switch cards.
Message 5 of 18
nicemann
Established Contributor

Oh well tried to call for a CitiBank card and they said the 7-10 days wait for a response.  I don't see a backdoor number for them for ReCon so I can talk them into giving me the card.  Does anyone know one?
Message 6 of 18
nicemann
Established Contributor

Oh well called the application status line and all they would tell me is that my application has been processed and will receive a "letter" within 7-10 days.  Not the card...but a letter.  Oh well guess I can't win them all.  Time to sit back and just garden my BoA and Chase cards.
Message 7 of 18
ficonovice
Frequent Contributor

Citi probably pulled your EQ and it's your lowest score unfortunately...
Rust never sleeps and neither does my fico score...
Message 8 of 18
smallfry
Senior Contributor

7-10 is not a denial. They pull EX exclusively for me. Think positive.
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

if you r bargian hunter ,look into citi cash returns, on the most basic level it %1 with automatic $50 redeemptions by check . I already have Discover More but after looking to citi's offer in detail , if I didn't already have the discover, i would have cash returns/

The big thing with is that not only more cash back at certain online merchants by link via thier site, thay offer more cash back swiping at certain merchants, at times you can get bonus cash by swiping or by linking to to the merchant online store, other times it be online or offline.

you don't have to be a cardholder to view the offerings, that's why I know what I do, if was kind hard to find, and don't know if I could find it again

Message Edited by rbbyrbsn on 05-15-2008 03:01 PM
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.