Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Man Army

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

One Man Army

In my ever increasing obsession with Pd I decided to call them today with several questions. Below are my questions and answers.

JP - Thank you for calling the JP Morgan private banking division for palladium. How may I help you?

ME - Hello, ive been hearing several stories online and would like to get the facts on this card. Would it be ok if I ask a few questions?

JP - Sure!

ME - Are there any 'levels' with the card? Such as more benefits for higher net worth clients?

JP - No. None that I am aware of.

ME -Are UA/CO lounges accessible?

JP - If an airport does not have a lounge in Priority Pass, which is now Lounge Club, you can purchase a day pass and it will be reimbursed.

ME - What about hotels? Are they any different than the standard Visa Signature collection of hotels?

JP - Yes. For the entire collection you may go here: lhrcollection.com

ME - I have heard the min limit is 15K. Is this true?

JP - No. The starting limit is 5K.

ME - Are UR points worth more than Sapphire Preferred?

JP - Yes. Points are worth 1.5 instead of 1.25 when used for booking travel.

____

JP - To qualify, you need to have 1MM in assets. It does not need to be with JP Morgan. Would you like to continue?

ME - Yes.

JP - I will need an existing account number along with basic information such as name and phone number.

ME - *Gives Info*

JP - A private banking rep will call you Monday. Do you have a time you would like to be called?

ME - Any time after 9AM is fine. 

JP - Great. Our private banking number is 18005766209. If you have any questions I implore you to call us. We are available 24/7 365.

ME - Great. Thank you for the insite.

This has been my conversation with JP so far. It may have gone back to invite only or request only if you have assets. Im sure the rep who calls Monday will have all of the detals. I feel this has helped me as it straightens out some rumors that are online. 

Message 1 of 139
138 REPLIES 138
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: Palladium: Fact V Rumor

I know several people with the card including myself. I can tell you for a fact some of our benefits are different in terms of coverages etc.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 2 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Crashem wrote:
I know several people with the card including myself. I can tell you for a fact some of our benefits are different in terms of coverages etc.

While calling back for a few L hotel questions, I asked many of the questions above again. Same answer, different person. 

Id love to see Pd in the flesh if you could post a pic. Also, if you dont mind, is the cards weight noticeable? Sapphire I dont really find 'heavy'. Have you used the concierge? If so, how would you rate them? Any advice/tips for the card?

Message 3 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd actually like know if there is a higher dividend percentage on points. Seeing as how the points are worth more, and lounge access is reimbursed, this card might start to make sense as something other than cachet. Any insights?

Message 4 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, do you think the required asests are dynamic based on geograpghic location, or set in stone?

Message 5 of 139
Crashem
Valued Contributor

It is noticeable heavier than any other metal card I have seen. Probably the most impressive card I have seen. Although doesnt imprint as I was reminded of when checking into hotel they were acting weird. Thought might be problem with card and asked. Just a problem if them getting imprint. Palladium concierge uses circles too but have there own group. Seen to be more helpful than the Amex cent ones from what I remember (had one through work a few years back) Card has flexible limits and they seemed really good about raising limits as need be. Not sure what you mean about hints. There is one undocumented feature I find useful that I dont want to talk about over public forum. Oh the prioirity pass they give you has no surcharge for guests. As for asset requirements, I thought people could just apply for this card now. You can also go through our relationship manager if you have one with jp Morgan which is what I did.
Message 6 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to hear. I may be apping Mon pending the bankers call.

Message 7 of 139
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Have they tightened up their standards again? Thought I heard you could just apply for card.
Message 8 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

Both reps said 1MM in assets is required so it looks like it.

Message 9 of 139
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

Tanner, can you explain how someone who was declined a little over a year ago for a zync, due to not enough credit history, making 24k a year, (last year) gets approved for all those Amex cards, a csp, and now possibly a palladium? Considering Amex won't approve a second app for me for at least 6 months with mid 7 scores. I'm not hating it's just I too would like to turn 500 a week into a million plus in assets in one year. All info I pulled was from page 62 of your posts. FYI, giving yourself the "mr cent." moniker is retarded.

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 139
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.