Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Man Army

tag
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Re: Palladium: Fact V Rumor

Heck, I'll ask.

What changed so drastically?  What do you do for a living?  Did you win the lottery?  Did you receive a substantial inheritance?  Are you the primary cardholder?  Just curious as you seem to collect the top cards but I'm curious of the background to acquire these rare cards?

Thanks for sharing.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 61 of 139
smc733
Valued Contributor

TannerK:  Liar or Liar.  Answer is:  LIAR

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 62 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smc733 wrote:

It doesnt matter what the answer is! Smiley Very Happy

Message 63 of 139
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@smc733 wrote:

smc, go read the sticky. Please. I mean seriously, are you just desperate to get muted or banned?

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 64 of 139
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@smc733 wrote:

It actually does... This forum is meant to find helpful and useful information in obtaining and using credit. While some of your posts are admittedly informative in how to use and transfer mr or ur points. Most of us who have real world experience struggling to obtain decent cards with decent limits find you parading around like you are aware of something we are not simply insulting. You're lack of credit history and yearly income a year ago make the idea that you have obtained all of these cards simply impossible. As you lie you insult both the users and the forum... Take a breath. Take a break, and come back when you've grown up.

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 65 of 139
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Jake0215 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@smc733 wrote:

It actually does... This forum is meant to find helpful and useful information in obtaining and using credit. While some of your posts are admittedly informative in how to use and transfer mr or ur points. Most of us who have real world experience struggling to obtain decent cards with decent limits find you parading around like you are aware of something we are not simply insulting. You're lack of credit history and yearly income a year ago make the idea that you have obtained all of these cards simply impossible. As you lie you insult both the users and the forum... Take a breath. Take a break, and come back when you've grown up.

I don't like questioning people's truthfulness, but I sincerely hope TannerK is legit, I would hate to find out otherwise. Smiley Indifferent

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 66 of 139
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@LS2982 wrote:

@Jake0215 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@smc733 wrote:

I don't like questioning people's truthfulness, but I sincerely hope TannerK is legit, I would hate to find out otherwise. Smiley Indifferent

It's always smart to take other people's stories with a grain of salt, or occasionally, with a five-pound box of salt. There are typos, there are memory lapses, and there are flat-out lies. Years ago, there was a brief craze here in which people posted their Scorewatch score graphs, the ones that show your score history over a year or three years or whatever setting you picked. This was before people got smart about posting a still image from Photobucket or wherever. Instead, they posted the link to their graphs, meaning the html to the graphs. That meant the graphs were live, rather than a frozen-in-time image.

So imagine our surprise (and private amusement) when one day someone bumped this old thread and everyone's Scorewatch graphs had quietly and cheerfully updated over the previous months. I was impressed that most were still showing scores that matched what people were saying they had, but one member's graph had him at least 100 points below what he had been proclaiming. Needless to say, we whisked the thread away. Smiley Very Happy

But it just goes to show that people make all sorts of claims via the anonymity of the Internet. I've posted things about what happened with my own history that were wrong, because my memory tripped me up. When I find them, I correct them, but there's no telling what's out there that might be wrong (got a card with a 720 instead of a 710, or something like that.) That's why when I posted elsewhere about the 16 point change for an extra inq, I went back and looked at my old reports to make sure. Nevertheless, some people post deliberate falsehoods, for whatever reason.

That's why when I read 19 posts that say that someone got a so-and-so card with such-and-such credit profile, and then a 20th post saying something completely different, I tend to believe the 19. Doesn't mean that the 20th is false, lenders being as wacko as they are; it just means that I like to keep a healthy skepticism going.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 67 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jake0215 wrote:

What exactly have you done on this thread that is helpful and useful? I don't remember a Jake FR existing where a full credit/income analysis was deemed necessary.

Message 68 of 139
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

LOL, some people are like vultures circling around these TannerK threads.  Seriously, if you don't like what Tanner says, ignore any thread he starts.  It's that simple.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 69 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

@visorboy1974 wrote:

LOL, some people are like vultures circling around these TannerK threads.  Seriously, if you don't like what Tanner says, ignore any thread he starts.  It's that simple.  

Golden advice. 

Someone needs to change the title cause others sure have made sure it has nothing to do with Pd.

Message 70 of 139
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.