Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Year With Discover Secured

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: One Year With Discover Secured

@creditguy wrote:
You probably jumped the gun on a second card app. You should have realistically waited until your card unsecured first. Remember you may be ready for your card to unsecure but Discover may not be. There are more than a few contributors here who are well past 12 months and still waiting to unsecure. Regardless, good luck on your app and unsecuring.

+1

I think I recall reading on another thread where somebody was told they couldn't get a second card if their first card was secured, of course as with many things credit this could be YMMV. 

In any case, good luck with both your card unsecuring and your new app... let us know how it goes!  Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 17
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Best of luck on both and way to go on your rebuiding success so far.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also use the pre qualify tool at Discover's site. Helps keep the inquiries at a mimimum.
Message 13 of 17
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

Well, I guess I applied during their "down for maintence" time so they said they won't have the app till tomorrow. I have to wait 5-7 days according to the onscreen message. As for making my first card not secured, they said my 12th cycle needs to happen. That will happen on the 19th. We will see how his all plays out. 

Experian - 695 (4Y1M AA, 33 INQ)
Transunion - 686 (1Y5M AA, 30 INQ)
Equifax - 726 (3Y1M AA, 4 INQ)
Total Credit Lines: $99,387
Message 14 of 17
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

My one year was June 12.  I still haven't heard anything.  I was denided the second card.  The card sits at 0 balance.  It would be nice to have my $1,500 back :-)

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CostantinoA wrote:

My one year was June 12.  I still haven't heard anything.  I was denided the second card.  The card sits at 0 balance.  It would be nice to have my $1,500 back :-)

Has your 12th statement cut yet? Don't go by when you were approved, go by 12 statements. Mine didn't graduate until a few days (or a week) AFTER my 12th statement cut.

Message 16 of 17
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

Yes my 12th statement cut on the 20th Smiley Happy according to discover card Fico, my score is the highest it has been in the 12 months I have had their card.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.