Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One app, two app, three app, oh my!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

One app, two app, three app, oh my!

See my siggy for scores and current cards.

I'm looking at the PNC cash rewards as well as the Chase Amazon. Most of my spending right now is on gas and Amazon. My only negatives are my HP's, but all but 1 EX has hit one year, therefore no longer affecting my FICO 08.

Since my income is still part-time, I would lean towards lenders which offer SP CLI's (I know Chase and PNC are not among them...). Disco has been good to me, the current CLI issue aside. I've considered the BCE but would prefer to grow Visa/MC network cards first for the places that only support the two.

Any recommendations and data point SL's would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: One app, two app, three app, oh my!

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm looking at the PNC cash rewards as well as the Chase Amazon. Most of my spending right now is on gas and Amazon. My only negatives are my HP's, but all but 1 EX has hit one year, therefore no longer affecting my FICO 08.

Since my income is still part-time, I would lean towards lenders which offer SP CLI's (I know Chase and PNC are not among them...). Disco has been good to me, the current CLI issue aside. I've considered the BCE but would prefer to grow Visa/MC network cards first for the places that only support the two.

Any recommendations and data point SL's would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

I would say that the Chase Amazon sounds great for you.  Assuming you're a Prime member, that's 5% back on Amazon and 2% back on gas when your Discover's not offering 5%.  Your scores certainly support it.  Was your profile significantly worse 5 months ago when Chase gave you the training wheels on the FU card?

Message 2 of 11
jdxprs1
Frequent Contributor

Do you currently bank with Pnc?
Last app 1/2/2017.
In the garden until at least 6/2/2017.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd recommend looking at the credit pulls database, as there you can search any card you are interested in and see the SL associated with the credit score that someone was approved with. 

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I would say that the Chase Amazon sounds great for you.  Assuming you're a Prime member, that's 5% back on Amazon and 2% back on gas when your Discover's not offering 5%.  Your scores certainly support it.  Was your profile significantly worse 5 months ago when Chase gave you the training wheels on the FU card?

My Disco was secured at $600 at the time. I would have waited to app with Chase if I didn't get the 300/500 targeted offer.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't bank with PNC, no. And I've checked out the database though I'm more curious as to the experiences of folks with thin files.

Message 6 of 11
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Do you currently get any single APR preapprovals on any Chase cards using their prequalify tool (or have a green check mark next to any under Offers in your Chase account)?  Looks like your profile has improved tremendously since the last time they considered you.

Message 7 of 11
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Just to play devil's advocate on the BCE... Amex has been pretty generous on approvals lately.  All their CLIs are SPs and you get a nice whopping 3x CLI after two months.  The rewards are decent and there's always a huge list of special offers to pick from which can get you nice savings.  Places that don't take Amex are becoming harder to find.  I use my BCE every time I eat out or buy gas or groceries, and I've yet to have anyone refuse it.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Do you currently get any single APR preapprovals on any Chase cards using their prequalify tool (or have a green check mark next to any under Offers in your Chase account)?  Looks like your profile has improved tremendously since the last time they considered you.

I'm still < 21 so I don't expect to see any checkmarks for a bit. I have been considering the HP CLI option on my FU, but would rather focus on new accounts first to build my long-term AAoA.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrDisco99 wrote:

Just to play devil's advocate on the BCE... Amex has been pretty generous on approvals lately.  All their CLIs are SPs and you get a nice whopping 3x CLI after two months.  The rewards are decent and there's always a huge list of special offers to pick from which can get you nice savings.  Places that don't take Amex are becoming harder to find.  I use my BCE every time I eat out or buy gas or groceries, and I've yet to have anyone refuse it.

If the BCE was on V/MC, I would pick it up in a second. Unlike most prime lenders, I do get pre-approved with a solid APR. Only two companies I've bought from recently have declined my Disco too... One is a restaurant and the other is a smaller company.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.