cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One bank giveth, one taketh - Barclay's CLD with normal usage.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: One bank giveth, one taketh - Barclay's CLD with normal usage.

I wanted the arrival plus for the signup bonus Smiley Happy Now I think I will just blacklist them. Or should I just churn those rewards and close them within the year? Keep in mind, I never closed a card before :/

Message 21 of 28
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I wanted the arrival plus for the signup bonus Smiley Happy Now I think I will just blacklist them. Or should I just churn those rewards and close them within the year? Keep in mind, I never closed a card before :/

For most people, going for the bonus and closing before the AF is the only thing that makes sense with the Arrival Plus  (the others either have a lot of FTFs, or enough high spend so the extra 5% on redemptions outweighs the AF, or, can somehow find value in the WEMC features and don't have another WEMC).

Of course, if enough people do this, Barclays will clamp down even more.    And, not having a card with them doesn't insulate you from them, they manipulate world and local markets in various ways, so you may as well get the cc benefits!

Message 22 of 28
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

I don't know what I've done to offend them, but Barclays appears to be mad at me for something.

I used my Barclaycard to purchase two iPhone 6S' and an iPad Pro last fall, an almost $3k charge on my $4450 limit. I've been paying it off in $200 a month chunks since last November, so the balance is down to less than $1500. It wil be paid off well before the deferred interest financing hits in April of 2017.

I logged into my account to setup my monthly payment, and see that my available credit is only $244, with a total limit of $1700. Looks like they might be starting to balance chase me Smiley Sad I sent them a secure message asking them why, but I don't expect anything other than a generic response. 

In other news, Bank of America gave me a nice CLI on my BBR - I went from $500 to $2300. It was a HP, but I think it was worth it. Sucks I had to lose $2,750 of credit with Barclays, but at least BoA is being good to me.  

Well.....Well BARFCLAY is at it again.  

Sorry this happened to you and hope you get a reasonable answer and have the ability to get it straight before it affects you negatively.  They represent the Good,  the Bad and the Ugly when it comes to credit cards.  

Smiley LOLSmiley LOL Barfclays! LOVE it! 

Message 23 of 28
Runitup
Regular Contributor

One of three 0% BTs I used last year with Barclay is expiring next month. I plan to BT the balance to another card and then BT right back to them using the 1% offer. We'll see what happens but I wear their card out.

BTW, sorry OP for the AA.
Message 24 of 28
The_Gazelle12
New Contributor

Before I even read the thread I smh. Sorry OP, but it's their loss.
Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's seem like these CC companies throw out these promotions and we take advantage of them and they don't like it! So they balance chase you by decreasing the CL, am I right? Good grief! 

Message 26 of 28
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It's seem like these CC companies throw out these promotions and we take advantage of them and they don't like it! So they balance chase you by decreasing the CL, am I right? Good grief! 

And since doing that would make zero business sense, we might assume some other factors come into play, especially when others chime in with how they have used lots and lots of these BT with zero adverse impacts.

Message 27 of 28
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@DeeBee78 wrote:

I don't know what I've done to offend them, but Barclays appears to be mad at me for something.

I used my Barclaycard to purchase two iPhone 6S' and an iPad Pro last fall, an almost $3k charge on my $4450 limit. I've been paying it off in $200 a month chunks since last November, so the balance is down to less than $1500. It wil be paid off well before the deferred interest financing hits in April of 2017.

I logged into my account to setup my monthly payment, and see that my available credit is only $244, with a total limit of $1700. Looks like they might be starting to balance chase me Smiley Sad I sent them a secure message asking them why, but I don't expect anything other than a generic response. 

In other news, Bank of America gave me a nice CLI on my BBR - I went from $500 to $2300. It was a HP, but I think it was worth it. Sucks I had to lose $2,750 of credit with Barclays, but at least BoA is being good to me.  

Sorry to hear. Barclay's is the only one that ever AA'd me.  About 3 years ago they were one of the first cards I got. Eventually, I took a balance transfer and paid it fairly quickly, then they decreased my credit limit for some unknown reason.

At least you had good news from BoA to counter this.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.