Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One card with a higher limit versus two with a lower limit

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: One card with a higher limit versus two with a lower limit

The only other thing I would suggest is a secured loan with a 12 or 18 month repayment term. Its a great way to prepare yourself for a mortgage and you do build an asset and a tradeline relatively cheaply. My chase banker told me about this in 2007; by 2008 I was approved for Fha (my situation was way worse as it was a rebuild instead of a build) Otherwise you are on the right track!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 11 of 14
thelizardking69k
Established Member

Webhopper, would you make the same recommendation for someone rebuilding? 

Message 12 of 14
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

+1

Message 13 of 14
Dustink
Valued Contributor

US Bank can split your limit to another account as long as you maintain the required limits for the products you are seeking.

Although, I would just recommend you don't do anything for now and just Garden. Use the US Bank card and PIF each month. In 6 months they will likely be able to give you a CLI or approve you for another account.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.