Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One last app?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

One last app?

First of all, I would like to thank everyone in the forum for providing information and helping me in my past thread, which helped me get an approval for the AMEX BCE and a CLI on my amazon store card.

Link to my last thread: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/When-to-apply-for-3rd-credit-card/td-p/4796713

I'm a 25 year old medical student with no student loans.

My current credit/loan history:

1. AMEX authorized user with perfect payments for over 25 years.

2. Amazon Store Card since Feb 2016

3. Personal Loan of $2.5k with perfect payments for over 2 years (Does not show up on my TU report)

Short summary of my credit report according to Credit Karma (not very reliable, I know)

TU (757 after Discover HP)

Recent Inquires (4):

1. Amazon Store Card (Feb 2016): ??

2. Amazon Store Card (Feb 2016):  Approved for $1700

3. Chase Freedom Unlimted: Declined due to not enough credit history

4. Discover IT Student: Pending

EQ (780)

Recent Inquires (1)

1. Citi/Best Buy (Feb 2015): Declined

No idea about Experian.

Got pending on Discover after asked to upload verification documents. Called and said it was complete now,  just wait for processing.

Instant CLI from Amazon store card to $3700 and approved by AMEX BCE for $2000.

Now thinking about one last app.

Looking for a card with no annual fee and good growth potential, maybe Citi Double Cash, Barclays or, Bank of America….

I know nothing is guaranteed, but just trying to figure out where I would be denied due to not enough credit history.

As for Chase, if AMEX reports my recent approval on my TU, that would be my 5/24. I’m not eligible for Capital One due to not having an address in the mainland.

Every response is appreciated!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: One last app?

You can get your fico score for Experian through your Amex BCE card. Odds are it is ok, but it is a quick way to see if there are big problems with it.

Since you just got your Discover card I would wait 6 monthes before applying for another credit card. In any case I would definitely not apply for Barclay since you have a lot of recent queries for Transunion.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it. AMEX show 708 for Experian.

Was hoping to try out one more, since I have seen places that don't accept Discover and/or AMEX.

However, my credit age and/or recent inquiries might not be good enough for some banks.

Message 3 of 6
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

I see you got Discover figured out and approved finally!  Hopefully your turkey hangover wore off and you don't need to apply for anything else before 2018 now.  Amex/Disco are accepted in 99% of the places you'll go and you have your Marvel MC as a backup if they aren't.  Just because they don't have a sticker on the window doesn't mean they don't actually take it.  Try it first and if they don't hand them another one and then the MC as a third option.  

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Score Card is free EX FICO as well.
Message 5 of 6
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Discover Score Card is free EX FICO as well.

https://www.creditscorecard.com/registration

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.