Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One last card

tag
boomhower
Valued Contributor

One last card

I wen on a bit of a spree a couple weeks ago adding a few cards I had been wanting.  My daughter had some unexpected medical expenses pop up so I added and Chase Slate to the mix.  Approved for $4500.  I swore I would never have another chase card after the way they have treated me with my Chamu card but they had the best BT offer since my EX is froze and my worst report that put Citi out.  I'll only use it for BT's and will never pay them a cent in interest, yes I am stiill bitter towards them.  ~750 FICO ~10% UTL 3 recent INQ and new accounts. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: One last card

grats on the approval!

What happened to your Wamu / Chase card?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 4
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@boomhower wrote:

I wen on a bit of a spree a couple weeks ago adding a few cards I had been wanting.  My daughter had some unexpected medical expenses pop up so I added and Chase Slate to the mix.  Approved for $4500.  I swore I would never have another chase card after the way they have treated me with my Chamu card but they had the best BT offer since my EX is froze and my worst report that put Citi out.  I'll only use it for BT's and will never pay them a cent in interest, yes I am stiill bitter towards them.  ~750 FICO ~10% UTL 3 recent INQ and new accounts. 

CONGRATS!! Smiley Happy

Maybe time can mend fences with you and Chase.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 4
boomhower
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

grats on the approval!

What happened to your Wamu / Chase card?

Several years ago Chase bought WAMU's credit card portfolio.  When Chase obtained my card it had perfect payment as did all of my other credit cards.  Chase jacked the rate to 29% just because.  I kept it as I didn't have a lot of cards, just didn't carry a balance on it.  A couple years later once my credit improved a bit more I applied for a CLI and took the HP.  They came back with a measly $500.  I escalated to EO and got the $5k I wanted but they still refuse to lower the APR even with a FICO north of 700 and perfect credit card/installment history.  That's why I swore them off.  But my EQ is clean and they pull it so Slate it is.  Citi pulls EX for me and I have a couple collections on there but they will be falling off later this summer.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.