Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure†
01-14-2009 10:10 AM
On my CR it shows a Barclay acc belonging to my ex on which I was an AU. I asked barclay to remove this after we split over a year ago but apparently they never did. The card has a $5000 limit with balance of $500 and is in good standing.
Considering current CL concerns, should I leave it be for now or call them again to have my name removed?
01-14-2009 10:16 AM
01-14-2009 10:16 AM
01-14-2009 10:24 AM
On moral gounds, I did call them right after we split up and asked to be removed. I was told at that time that it was done. I feel like I did act in a morally correct manner, but I shouldn't have to beg them repeated to remove my name. And I will call them again, I just wonder if I should hold off a bit until I get util corrected on my own credit.
On the other hand, ex knew I was AU on this acct. I gave him the card so it is not available for my use (i wouldn't use it even if I still had it). He also has the ability to have my name removed if he chooses to do so.
Oracles, read your post re: bk friendly cc's. I'm just debating with myself if I should go ahead and try for one of them or talk to the bank first.
01-14-2009 10:45 AM
I agree that you took the moral high ground by asking for your immediate removal. Given that you are unable to predict or control what happens with this CC, I would request removal (again). Do you really need to remain as an AU on this CC?
I am currently in a similar situation with my ex husband but it is with a 2004 Eclipse. Thankfully, the car has been paid on time and consistently for 5 years but I am painfully aware that I am always one missed payment or late payment from disaster. Also, he is <3 years from retiring from the military so the car will be paid off next year.
01-14-2009 10:52 AM
tonnie, the only reason I may need to stay on for the moment is because juni recently dropped my cl and puts my util in a place i don't want it to be. I don't want to act impulsivly and hurt myself worse until I have a chance to correct that. $5000 is a lot to recover and timing is important right now because I'm hoping to be able to refinance my house by the end of this year. I have to do things right.
01-14-2009 10:56 AM
01-14-2009 11:03 AM
01-14-2009 11:05 AM