Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One more question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

One more question

On my CR it shows a Barclay acc belonging to my ex on which I was an AU. I asked barclay to remove this after we split over a year ago but apparently they never did. The card has a $5000 limit with balance of $500 and is in good standing.

Considering current CL concerns, should I leave it be for now or call them again to have my name removed?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: One more question

Looks like the Util is only about 10% on the card and the CL is rather nice, so it is actually not hurting your score in any way, in fact it is prolly helping you if your other CL limits are smaller, or if your otehr cards are younger (AAoA wise). Also the util is rather low, so as long as the card is in good standing keep your name on it, and that way it adds 4500 to your util as well Smiley Happy (if you have morals however, and do not feel it is right to do so, then cancel, because unless your ex is ok with you being on there, you should prolly get yourself taken off, this is morally right, so I had to mention it)
Message 2 of 12
oracles
Valued Contributor

you are taking a risk that your ex will not run up the card. If your ex does, and you will not know unless you monitor your reports constantly, then it will hurt your score. You should only have on your report what you can take control over. You have no control over this account and if something should happen drastically, like a bankruptcy or closed on bad terms, i don't know if you will avoid a rough situation without a tough battle. Do you really want that on your conscience or even have to deal with it. You can succeed on your own without having to use your ex's TL.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

On moral gounds, I did call them right after we split up and asked to be removed. I was told at that time that it was done. I feel like I did act in a morally correct manner, but I shouldn't have to beg them repeated to remove my name. And I will call them again, I just wonder if I should hold off a bit until I get util corrected on my own credit.

On the other hand, ex knew I was AU on this acct. I gave him the card so it is not available for my use (i wouldn't use it even if I still had it). He also has the ability to have my name removed if he chooses to do so.

Oracles, read your post re: bk friendly cc's. I'm just debating with myself if I should go ahead and try for one of them or talk to the bank first.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree that you took the moral high ground by asking for your immediate removal. Given that you are unable to predict or control what happens with this CC, I would request removal (again). Do you really need to remain as an AU on this CC?

I am currently in a similar situation with my ex husband but it is with a 2004 Eclipse. Thankfully, the car has been paid on time and consistently for 5 years but I am painfully aware that I am always one missed payment or late payment from disaster. Also, he is <3 years from retiring from the military so the car will be paid off next year.

Message 5 of 12
oracles
Valued Contributor

Hey goingforadream, i answered your question from this post, in the other post.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

tonnie, the only reason I may need to stay on for the moment is because juni recently dropped my cl and puts my util in a place i don't want it to be. I don't want to act impulsivly and hurt myself worse until I have a chance to correct that. $5000 is a lot to recover and timing is important right now because I'm hoping to be able to refinance my house by the end of this year. I have to do things right.

Message 7 of 12
oracles
Valued Contributor

are you in good terms with your ex goingforadream. If so, then just remind him, but i do understand. Get yourself fixed as quickly as posible and then remove it quickly.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not on good terms with him at all and wouldn't trust him any farther than I can throw him but what I do know is he is very credit aware and probably a very low risk for defaulting on any of his accounts.
Message 9 of 12
oracles
Valued Contributor

well that is good to know but again, you never know what the future holds. Just get things right in your backyard as quickly as possible and then get the Tradeline off your report as quickly as possible.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.