cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One of my credit cards jumped from 9% to 18%. Where can I try to finance it at a lower rate?

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: One of my credit cards jumped from 9% to 18%. Where can I try to finance it at a lower rate?

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It is a good idea, thanks, but where do you look for a personal loan? I bank with Bank of America and I'm sure I would be denied due to poor credit.

Do you have any suggestions who I could try? A bank? Thank you

IMO you might not need to apply for another card or a personal loan. Did this account go 60 days late? If so your APR will return to it's original amount after you make 6 months of on time payments.

It seems to me that is the way to go. Just my 2 cents.

+1

I know it's painful, but it's only 6 months. With brand new lates, you're not going to get a decent deal on a loan, or on a BT card for that matter.

Hit the budget, increase your payments, don't take on any new charges, and gut it out. I'm afraid that they've got you for now. Smiley Sad

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.