cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One of the lesser known benefits of your credit card!

tag
dearppl
Contributor

One of the lesser known benefits of your credit card!

I am currently traveling abroad, and of course, the airline lost my luggage upon my arrival. Long story short, I called Chase. Since I booked my flight with my CSP card, and found out that there is a delayed baggage insurance benefit comes along with the CSP. Basically, if my baggage is delayed for more than 6 hours, they can reimburse you $100 a day up to $500 (I think) for the duration of the baggage delay.

Though it only covers basic clothing and toiletries, it's certainly very nice to have clean changing clothes considering I had nothing with me besides my laptop when walking out of the airport... I think most of the cards nowadays have similar benefit, you just have to look for it Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Re: One of the lesser known benefit of your credit card!

That's good to know.  Thanks for posting.  I think I've read that somewhere on CSP's benefit brochure. Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 10
Jeff532003
Frequent Contributor

Re: One of the lesser known benefits of your credit card!

The airline should also reimburse you unless it's a real low cost. I know both Delta and JetBlue have offered to buy anything I need within reason. Luckily I was home both times it got lost.
Capital One Venture- 10k, Quicksilver 3.5k, QS MC- 5.8 k, Venture One 5k| Chase Amazon 2k | American Express PRG- NPSL, JetBlue TrueBlue-2k | Bank of America Cash Rewards- 2k | DIscover IT- 1.3k | Barclay's Rewards MC- 1.3k | Greylock FCU (elan)- 500 | BJ's Perks Mastercard 3k | Overstock - 1k| Express - 750 | J Crew 4.3k | Orbitz Visa 2k| Walmart 700 |
TU FICO 5/14 - 520 | FICO 2/15 - 704 | FICO 6/21 - 702 |
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's good to know!

Message 4 of 10
MT936
Established Contributor

Most travel cards have something like this Smiley Happy
Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 5 of 10
Loques
Regular Contributor

Thanks for sharing! Good to know!

Current Score (11/2020): EQ: 753 | TU: 731 | EX: 749---Starting Score (3/2010): EQ: 522 | TU: 525 | EX: 520---Goal: All 3 FICO 800+
--------------------
Message 6 of 10
subwaysandwich
Frequent Contributor

Did CHASE actually credit the $$$ into your account already?

Message 7 of 10
pastnow123
Regular Contributor

@dearppl wrote:

I am currently traveling abroad, and of course, the airline lost my luggage upon my arrival. Long story short, I called Chase. Since I booked my flight with my CSP card, and found out that there is a delayed baggage insurance benefit comes along with the CSP. Basically, if my baggage is delayed for more than 6 hours, they can reimburse you $100 a day up to $500 (I think) for the duration of the baggage delay.

Though it only covers basic clothing and toiletries, it's certainly very nice to have clean changing clothes considering I had nothing with me besides my laptop when walking out of the airport... I think most of the cards nowadays have similar benefit, you just have to look for it Smiley Happy

Good to know. Thanks for sharing! Do you have to mail in some receipts or eveidence to prove how much you spend due to the delay? Or there is a pre-determined rate per day they use.

Message 8 of 10
dearppl
Contributor

@pastnow123 wrote:

@dearppl wrote:

Good to know. Thanks for sharing! Do you have to mail in some receipts or eveidence to prove how much you spend due to the delay? Or there is a pre-determined rate per day they use.

I actually had to file a claim with this third party insurance company. And yes, I had to submit all the receipts, my credit card statement showing the airfare purchase, and other related items. 

Message 9 of 10
pastnow123
Regular Contributor

@dearppl wrote:

@pastnow123 wrote:

@dearppl wrote:

I actually had to file a claim with this third party insurance company. And yes, I had to submit all the receipts, my credit card statement showing the airfare purchase, and other related items. 

Thanks. That makes sense, but I really wish they have a standard reimbursement rate. Going through those claiming processes is not easySmiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.