Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One question related to hard pull

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

One question related to hard pull

I'm planning to finance a car. I heard that if auto loan hard pulls are within 14 days, they only count for one. 

My question is if I apply a AMEX card within these 14 days, will I get an extra HP? (I have no AMEX card before).

And, if the credit card HP happens in the same day of the first auto HP, will they be counted separately?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
davidsawsparks
Contributor

Re: One question related to hard pull

The Amex will appear and count as a separate hard pull.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks

Message 3 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm planning to finance a car. I heard that if auto loan hard pulls are within 14 days, they only count for one. 

My question is if I apply a AMEX card within these 14 days, will I get an extra HP? (I have no AMEX card before).

And, if the credit card HP happens in the same day of the first auto HP, will they be counted separately?

Thanks.

To add, the auto inq must be coded as such or they will count as separate inqs.  For instance, applying through a CU, dealership and/or bank may be coded as 3 different inqs. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

To add, the auto inq must be coded as such or they will count as separate inqs.  For instance, applying through a CU, dealership and/or bank may be coded as 3 different inqs. 

Does this mean that as long as I apply auto loan through dealers within 14 days, they count only one, even though dealers may still send my info to banks, right?

Message 5 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Does this mean that as long as I apply auto loan through dealers within 14 days, they count only one, even though dealers may still send my info to banks, right?

You will have to ask if that lender is coding your inq as auto. 

Message 6 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Definitely separate.  The HP's aren't related at all.  AmEx isn't going to count as an auto loan HP.  Apply for the card after your auto financing is completely finalized and funded.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.