cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One report left to freeze but in middle of dispute - okay to freeze?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

One report left to freeze but in middle of dispute - okay to freeze?

Happy Memorial day weekend to all! Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday.

I have frozen TU & EX and last remaining is EQ. I hesitated because I am in the middle of a dispute that ends 6/05 hopefully. Will disputing have any possible negative impact on the results of the dispute? I mean, prevent me from seeing them, getting a new report, anything? 

Thanks in advance to all you fine folks providing advice and encouragement. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: One report left to freeze but in middle of dispute - okay to freeze?

It won't affect your dispute, but you may have to lift the freeze to get your results.  I'm not sure.  If that's the case, it's going to cost you another 10 bucks to re-freeze it.  If you are talking 6/5 for the dispute deadline, why not wait?  Do you have reason to think someone is going to hit your EQ report with a HI?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: One report left to freeze but in middle of dispute - okay to freeze?

@CH-7-Mission-Accomplished wrote:

It won't affect your dispute, but you may have to lift the freeze to get your results.  I'm not sure.  If that's the case, it's going to cost you another 10 bucks to re-freeze it.  If you are talking 6/5 for the dispute deadline, why not wait?  Do you have reason to think someone is going to hit your EQ report with a HI?

Hey, thanks! 6/5 isn't too far away but after my 2 months worth of....mild...to...perhaps... moderate credit seeking I am wanting to find some closure and know for sure that things are frozen, opted-out, etc until my situation requires new INQs. I just want to get it all done at once. But for heaven's sake, nothing in the world pulls EQ only here from what I can tell so I should be safe. Smiley LOL    In totally unrelated news... if anyone knows a lender that pulls EQ only in TX that would take a 663 with one minor baddie and a handful of new accounts, hit me up! Haha, kidding...............................................................  ........................................

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.