Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One year with Freedom... No upgrade available

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

One year with Freedom... No upgrade available

Just reaching out to the forum to see if others have experienced this. 

Today marks exactly one year with my Freedom and I called to inquire about a product change to the CSP and was told I was only able to upgrade to FU. Have others been able to upgrade a bit after the one year mark? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

Re: One year with Freedom... No upgrade available

You need a minimum $5k CL on that freedom to upgrade to CSP as that is the minimum starting CL for that card. Any lower and they wont do it.

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apologies, forgot to mention my Freedom has a $8,700 limit.
Message 3 of 6
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

Well, you have the CL so I am not exactly sure why they will not do it. I didnt think Chase was like Cap1 where you had to have an offer to PC. Try making the request via secure email in your account online or calling back and speaking with a different rep.

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 4 of 6
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just reaching out to the forum to see if others have experienced this. 

Today marks exactly one year with my Freedom and I called to inquire about a product change to the CSP and was told I was only able to upgrade to FU. Have others been able to upgrade a bit after the one year mark? 

Upgrades are never guaranteed; I would imagine there is undisclosed criteria for meeting the requirements, outside of just account age. PCs are always very YMMV

Also -- sometimes it's not just exactly one year, but 12 statements. You may want to try again after the statement actually closes.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fair point, Kdm. I may just wait until next month.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.