Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OneMain

tag
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: OneMain

Run away.  From my personal experience with them, if at all possible do not do business with them.  I'm having problems with the final payoff with them them on a loan that was originally through Citi Financial Mortgage, and then bought by One Main.  None of their records match and their CSR is next to worthless.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 11 of 12
tld409
Regular Contributor

Re: OneMain

@corymcd88 wrote:

Does anyone know anything about OneMain? What is the lowest APR and the highest rate? Are they any good? I saw something they are with Citi Bank.

Avoid at all cost!  I had a loan with them when I first started rebuilding.  My loan which was around 6k was reported as 13.4k  on credit reports. They add all interest on top of loan as soon as you sign on the dotted line. My credit was still improving and after 3 months later, I chose a pay off.  I couldn't believe that after paying nearly double the scheduled due amount for 3 months, my payoff was 7k!  I balanced transferred the 7k on to a CU visa at 0% for 18 months and closed the One Main account. Thank goodness I was able to do this because who knows how long I would have been paying that account off. 

Starting Score 630 Score: Current FICO Scores: All above 725 (04/01/2015)
Sallie Mae World MC 9k; Chase Freedom 6.5k; CareCredit 13.2k; Amex BCP 21.8k;Amex PRG; BOA123 Visa Sig 20k; CapOne WMC 7.5K; CSP Visa Sig 2K; Citi Simp Visa 6.9k; CFCU Visa 17k; Discover IT 7K; JCP MC 8K; Macys Amex 7.5K/2k; PSECU Visa/PSL 20/20K; SamsClub MC 20k; Walmart 10k
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.