cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Bill Pay With Banks

Valued Contributor

Online Bill Pay With Banks

I just noticed with BOFA you can't pay your CC bill with them unless you have a account with them. How does online bill pay work with whoever you bank with do you enter the companies address your CC number i'm confused.Smiley Sad

Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: Online Bill Pay With Banks



mjbfan79 wrote:
I just noticed with BOFA you can't pay your CC bill with them unless you have a account with them. How does online bill pay work with whoever you bank with do you enter the companies address your CC number i'm confused.Smiley Sad


That's how mine is. You enter the name of the creditor, the mailing address on the statement for payments, customer service phone number, acct # and then they are added to your list of payees.
I have noticed that my first payment takes about 5 business days, but after the first payment it only takes 1-2 or 2-3 business days to process, depeding on the creditor I am sending it to.
Message 2 of 7
Established Contributor

Re: Online Bill Pay With Banks

I thought the same with BoA,  but you can indeed pay with another bank account.
 
 
The way they're set up, you have to wait for first statement to drop, then you can pay. 
 
I had the same problem, registered, etc, then got message couldnt pay from another acct, or something to that effect.
 
After the statement dropped, or at least it was some time after  I registered, I  tried again and it worked.  And  now we've been paying BoA for the last four months from a non-BoA checking account.
 
 
FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 3 of 7
Regular Contributor

Re: Online Bill Pay With Banks

I got a confusing run-around with this same issue...

If you have a BOA checking and credit card, you can only use your BOA checking to pay the CC through BOA's site. Otherwise, you'll have to use myeasypayment.com.

However, if you have a CC only, after the first statement cuts, a "different" billpay will show up where you can enter you ACH payment information.
Message 4 of 7
Senior Contributor

Re: Online Bill Pay With Banks



rom828 wrote:
I thought the same with BoA, but you can indeed pay with another bank account.
The way they're set up, you have to wait for first statement to drop, then you can pay.
I had the same problem, registered, etc, then got message couldnt pay from another acct, or something to that effect.
After the statement dropped, or at least it was some time after I registered, I tried again and it worked. And now we've been paying BoA for the last four months from a non-BoA checking account.





I agree. I don't bank with BOA and have three cards with them. I use the pay bill link and they have my NFCU account info stored.

If they didn't I would simply push them money through the NFCU billpay system. It works great.
Here we go again...
Message 5 of 7
Moderator Emerita

Re: Online Bill Pay With Banks

If you want to pay online before the first statement posts, you'll need to go to your own bank's online site and do a billpay from there. Once the first statement posts, you can set up your bank info on the BofA site, as described above.

I had to do the same thing with AmEx. By golly, they were going to get my money, whether they wanted it or not. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Online Bill Pay With Banks



haulingthescoreup wrote:
By golly, they were going to get my money, whether they wanted it or not. Smiley Wink

lol thx...

Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 7