Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Bonus Malls for Credit Cards...thoughts

tag
TM82
Regular Contributor

Re: Online Bonus Malls for Credit Cards...thoughts

Chase is the best in my opinion by far. Even when Amex had theirs up they took away the ability to effectively track your points. I've never had UR not give me points, I even ended up with around 4,000 extra when I bought something on Nordstroms online and ended up returning it in store and they never took back the points.
My Cards
American Express Blue | American Express Premier Rewards Gold | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase United Explorer | Chase United MileagePlus Club | JPMorgan Palladium

Message 11 of 14
laboi_22
Established Contributor

That's great to know about Chase. It seems between both chase and discover these are my best bets for online shopping.
Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 12 of 14
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@TM82 wrote:
Chase is the best in my opinion by far. Even when Amex had theirs up they took away the ability to effectively track your points. I've never had UR not give me points, I even ended up with around 4,000 extra when I bought something on Nordstroms online and ended up returning it in store and they never took back the points.

+1. Chase's UR is the best by quite a large margin.

They have a huge list of retailers, have decent-sized bonuses and your points always post automatically. The one time that it didn't, I called them up and they took care of it immediately over the phone. They also gave me 5,000 bonus points for the trouble.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 13 of 14
bribro
Valued Contributor

+1 for Chase UR. The shopping process is very straightforward and the one time I had points that didn't post correctly it was fixed within an hour after I sent a secure message. I've found that Citi's program often has the same points bonus for retailers (3x for Fairmont, 4x for Hotels.com, etc.) as Chase UR, but UR points are worth more to me because of CSP.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.