New Contributor

Re: Online Chat with A Citi Representative on CLI's

[ Edited ]

every CLI that ive done on their site has been a soft pull. they have always countered my increase amount too

Chase Sapphire Preferred - American Express Platinum - American Express PRG -American Express SPG -American Express BCP - BofA Cash Rewards Visa Siggy - Citi TYP - Discover IT - PenFed Gold

In Garden
Valued Contributor

This is clearly a YMMV and likely because different customers are put in different categories of some sort. I suspect it may have to do with other banking relations with Citi. For instance if one has a checking/savings account with them they have can combine the information history to create a better risk metric.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Established Contributor

**bleep** lmao as soon as I read "pulled out very softly" I LOL'd Hilarious nice wording.

It'd be nice if it really was always a soft. When it comes to Inquiries SOFT is better than HARD.
Established Contributor

cashnocredit wrote:

This is clearly a YMMV and likely because different customers are put in different categories of some sort. I suspect it may have to do with other banking relations with Citi. For instance if one has a checking/savings account with them they have can combine the information history to create a better risk metric.

Definitely YMMV. I have no banking relationship with CITI other than a CC. My first 2 CLI requests were soft pulls. Never tried for a third. My wife, on the other hand, who also does not have banking relationship with CITI, just a CC, got hard pulled on her first request.

Mine- Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / DW's- I'm AU on most- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / Citi Simplicity MC $4.4K / GE Lowes $10K / GE CareCredit $5K
myFico Scores as of 10/03/2014
Equifax 798 / Experian 811 / TransUnion 814
Frequent Contributor

BMW_M-Series wrote:

SuperKirby wrote:

This thread was freaking hilarious! 

Anyway, where exactly on the site can I request for an online chat feature?

ETA: (sorry for the old thread bump)

click on the make a payment and then on the pop up box just click live chat :smileyhappy:

Thanks.

Back to topic,  I'm really starting to think the CSRs don't know the difference between soft and hard pulls. I really think they have their own definition of soft and hard. I don't know how many times they've said soft and I got a HP.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.