New Contributor
BMW_M-Series

Re: Online Chat with A Citi Representative on CLI's

[ Edited ]

every CLI that ive done on their site has been a soft pull. they have always countered my increase amount too

Chase Sapphire Preferred - American Express Platinum - American Express PRG -American Express SPG -American Express BCP - BofA Cash Rewards Visa Siggy - Citi TYP - Discover IT - PenFed Gold

In Garden
Established Contributor
cashnocredit

This is clearly a YMMV and likely because different customers are put in different categories of some sort. I suspect it may have to do with other banking relations with Citi. For instance if one has a checking/savings account with them they have can combine the information history to create a better risk metric.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy15k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Regular Contributor
MoreRewards

**bleep** lmao as soon as I read "pulled out very softly" I LOL'd Hilarious nice wording.

It'd be nice if it really was always a soft. When it comes to Inquiries SOFT is better than HARD.
Frequent Contributor
OnTheRebound

cashnocredit wrote:

This is clearly a YMMV and likely because different customers are put in different categories of some sort. I suspect it may have to do with other banking relations with Citi. For instance if one has a checking/savings account with them they have can combine the information history to create a better risk metric.

Definitely YMMV. I have no banking relationship with CITI other than a CC. My first 2 CLI requests were soft pulls. Never tried for a third. My wife, on the other hand, who also does not have banking relationship with CITI, just a CC, got hard pulled on her first request.

Mine- Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / DW's, I'm AU on most- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / Citi Simplicity MC $4.4K / GE Lowes $10K / GE CareCredit $5K

"Four out of five voices in my head told me to "go for it". I went for it."
Frequent Contributor
SuperKirby

BMW_M-Series wrote:

SuperKirby wrote:

This thread was freaking hilarious! 

Anyway, where exactly on the site can I request for an online chat feature?

ETA: (sorry for the old thread bump)

click on the make a payment and then on the pop up box just click live chat :smileyhappy:

Thanks.

Back to topic,  I'm really starting to think the CSRs don't know the difference between soft and hard pulls. I really think they have their own definition of soft and hard. I don't know how many times they've said soft and I got a HP.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+