Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online PreQualify Sites

tag
shane82388
Established Contributor

Re: Online PreQualify Sites

Basically id say a good rule of thumb is unless you are applying for a specific card, its a soft pull or maybe not even a pull at all like a pre-approval database search.

Message 31 of 50
2NE1
Established Contributor

@namvet

I checked the HSBC one and I put my info such as SSN and employment info but did NOT click the APPLY button.... did I just made a mistake and might have gotten a HP on my CBR!? D:

Oh noooooooo...

Message 32 of 50
lovinlifeinkc
Regular Contributor

You have to select the credit card tab and hit apply now.  It is a soft pull unless you decide to complete and actual application.

The benefit to using the pre-selector is you will know if you have an actual chance of getting a secured card or you can only apply for an unsecured card.

Once you know you can make the decision of you want to spend the pull or not. 

Good luck to you!!

Starting Score Aug 2011 590/ Gardening until 2013!!
Current Score Walmart 683/ FICO Equifax 722/738/ 708 Transunion FICO 700/ 725 Credit Karma 648/678/
Goal Score 750
Credit Cards- Orchard $300, Capitol One $300/$500, Amazon $600/$1300 Pennys $700, Walmart $250/$700, Discover $2000, Chase $1500 Pending Citi/Declined Cit- Inquires and new credit....... GARDENING UNTIL 2013 or home loan time!!! Help me stay strong!!
Message 33 of 50
2NE1
Established Contributor

Ohhh okay, it did give me some kind of Mastercard option to apply... the following tab was agreeing to the terms, etc... then revieweing the application, and then see whether I was approved or not... *phew* good to know!

Message 34 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@2NE1 wrote:

Ohhh okay, it did give me some kind of Mastercard option to apply... the following tab was agreeing to the terms, etc... then revieweing the application, and then see whether I was approved or not... *phew* good to know!

Did you pull the trigger? Smiley Wink

Message 35 of 50
ew0506
Established Member

I hate to create new forums, so even though this string hasn't been updated in a while, I will at least start here. 

Does anyone know how it's really possibly for a credit card company to approve a CC and give you a line of credit simply off of a soft pull. If that's even what is happening, what factors are they using to determine if you are even worthy of a CC?

I could be totally wrong in my questioning, but I'm just curious.

Message 36 of 50
YahComb
Established Contributor

They don't give it to you straight off a soft pull. You will still have to apply, and then they will do a hard pull. Depending on how along ago the soft pull was done your report may change significantly from that time until the day you apply (utilization, new account reporting, new inquiries)

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 37 of 50
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

There's no guarantee that you will even be approved when you actually apply if the pre-qualify site says it thinks you would be a good fit for a specific card. It's basically telling you that you have a good shot at being approved based on loose criteria that hasn't been fully vetted.

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 38 of 50
ew0506
Established Member

Makes sense, thanks for the responses, I love this site, a great wealth of information on here!

Message 39 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some of those links seem to be outdated. Does anyone have new ones that they can post here?

Message 40 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.