Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online PreQualify Sites

tag
namvet
Established Contributor

Re: Online PreQualify Sites

These links are not pre-selector sites.  Pre-qualify and pre-selector are not the same.  If you provide your full social security number, address and employment info, you have in fact applied for the card and are subject to a HP on one or all of your credit files. 

Message 21 of 50
sweetschuni
New Contributor

@namvet wrote:

These links are not pre-selector sites.  Pre-qualify and pre-selector are not the same.  If you provide your full social security number, address and employment info, you have in fact applied for the card and are subject to a HP on one or all of your credit files. 

OMG! I hope this is not true. I went through all of the working sites yesterday for myself and my husband thinking that they would be soft pulls. Geesh!

Licensed REALTOR in the state of Georgia - "Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing" Theodore Roosevelt

Message 22 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont have the actual links but I know the following cards offer a pre-selector or pre-qualifier option

Orchard

Capitol One

Discover

American Express

I prequalified for Orchard and Capitol One to make certain I wasnt going to be offered a secured card. 

Discover and American Express both stated I would need to fill out an actual application. 

Message 23 of 50
Juan123
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I dont have the actual links but I know the following cards offer a pre-selector or pre-qualifier option

Orchard

Capitol One

Discover

American Express

I prequalified for Orchard and Capitol One to make certain I wasnt going to be offered a secured card. 

Discover and American Express both stated I would need to fill out an actual application. 

can u maybe help me find the orchard one?

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 24 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

http://www.orchardbank.com/ecare/homepage/ourappprocess

I was able to locate it.

Just a heads up.  I was preapproved on Dec 6.  I paid the $39 yearly fee immediately over the web.  They did not tell me how much I qualified for.

I did get an email about 10 days ago stating they were reviewing available funds.  I called yesterday and was told my card would "probably" be mailed on the 29th and my credit limit would "probably" be around $300.  

I would suggest Capitol One. 

Message 25 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 26 of 50
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

The discover site is a soft pull, unless there is no offers and you apply. Then it's a hard. It says there it will not hurt your score.
Message 27 of 50
bostonte
Frequent Contributor

@-Cain- wrote:
The discover site is a soft pull, unless there is no offers and you apply. Then it's a hard. It says there it will not hurt your score.

Discover is not a soft pull at that time -- it merely checks your entered information against their database of already prescreened offers and presents them to you if there was a match.

It's a soft pull in the sense that entering the information there (and not applying) will not result in a hard inquiry and is based on information generated from a soft pull -- but it does not pull and evalute your credit when you hit submit. 

Most of them operate the same way (Amex, Capital One, etc.).

Good things to check, but just keep in mind they aren't real time.

Message 28 of 50
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

My EQ report shows soft pulls for the days when I tried it and saw no offers. When I finally had an offer, it was a hard for when I actually applied. That is my experience with it.
Message 29 of 50
Juan123
Established Contributor

that orchard prequalifier doesnt have anything to fill out >_<

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 30 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.