Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online apping for the Cash+

tag
mikelo22
Established Contributor

Online apping for the Cash+

So I saw that US Bank now allows you to app for the Cash+ online. Previously, they forced you to call or visit a branch to apply.  Anyone have experience with the online apping process?  Specifically as to whether it tells you if you actually qualified for the Cash+ or if they're sticking you with the Cash Rewards. 

I'm thinking of applying in a couple months, but if I don't get the Cash+ I don't want them giving me that crappy Cash Rewards. 

Also, which bureau do they usually pull? Is it TU or EX? Or both?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Online apping for the Cash+

It is a rarity, if ever that you would get an automatic approval (from personal experience and what I've read). It usually goes to underwriting and they make their decision there. 

You apply for the Cash +, and in the small script at the bottom of the page they state something along the lines of "if you are not approved for Cash + we will automatically try to approve you for Cash card". This is kinda shady IMO because I had a really bad time with them and ended up closing my Cash Card account after about 18 month of broken promises and a CL of 6K. 

I am in So Cal and they have pulled EX for applications and TU for CLIs for me. The only redeeming quality is that if you are not approved for a Cash + (which is considered their "exclusive" card) they will use the same HP for a Cash card approval if you are eligible. 

Best of luck to you in getting a Cash +, and don't be discouraged if you start with a Cash card - some members have been able to get a PC 6 month to 1 year after account opening. 

Message 2 of 10
kdm31091
Super Contributor

They pulled TU for me but I applied over the phone anyway, mostly because I wanted to actually speak to someone in the hopes they'd tell me if I was approved then and there. It worked, approved over the phone.

As far as concerns about getting the Cash Rewards, well, there's no way to alleviate that....if they don't want to give you the Cash+, they'll give you the Rewards. They supposedly are pretty strict with UW. It was my only app in 2015 so far, so none of my inquiries were super recent or anything. Don't know where you stand with that.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just app'd got my story here...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Cash-Denial-EDIT-Reconed/td-p/4117829

ill let ya know what kind of limits I get, the UW told me around tuesday I should know.

Message 4 of 10
mikelo22
Established Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

As far as concerns about getting the Cash Rewards, well, there's no way to alleviate that....if they don't want to give you the Cash+, they'll give you the Rewards. They supposedly are pretty strict with UW. It was my only app in 2015 so far, so none of my inquiries were super recent or anything. Don't know where you stand with that.

Yeah see that's my main worry. I don't want the Cash Rewards because I have no use for it. I'm ok with taking a HP and getting declined (especially if they pull TU) but I don't want a new account on my report unless it's going to be the Cash+.  If it came down to it, I'm wondering if I can call in and reject the Cash Rewards before it's issued on my report as a new account. 

Message 5 of 10
mikelo22
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just app'd got my story here...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Cash-Denial-EDIT-Reconed/td-p/4117829

ill let ya know what kind of limits I get, the UW told me around tuesday I should know.

Thanks for the info. So did you end up getting the Cash+ or did they stick with their guns on the Cash Rewards?

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think ill be getting another cash rewards the 1% one. Like I said I think I would have had a better chance had I let my TU report with my new higher CL's specifially the 10k AMEX update before I app'd. Im hoping that down the road ill have 2 cash+ cards. The UW told me that me "new" cash rewards will be at least 2k and the HP can be used for a CLI on my current one at $500 CL . He also mentioned that they usually dont combine limits on the same products . so who knows how it will all shake down.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess Id also like to add that this was my 1st time talking to a UW or trying to Recon. I think it went well , never a lull and seem to always have something to say regardless of how many big words or CC lingo that im not sure I know all of was throwin around. So other might have had better luck.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my Cash + when opening a checking account/savings account package (part of apping for a HELOC, long story) in branch. In going through the account set up process, there was a list of cards I was pre-approved for including the Cash+ and I jumped at it. I was told that since we'd just had HP for HELOC (EX) that there'd be no pull for the CC, which was incorrect. Pulled TU. 

In any case, if you're somewhere where you have branches around, and especially if they're still offering a cash offer to open checking (I got $75, recently I've seen $125) I'd open checking and try to get C+ that way. 

Message 9 of 10
mikelo22
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got my Cash + when opening a checking account/savings account package (part of apping for a HELOC, long story) in branch. In going through the account set up process, there was a list of cards I was pre-approved for including the Cash+ and I jumped at it. I was told that since we'd just had HP for HELOC (EX) that there'd be no pull for the CC, which was incorrect. Pulled TU. 

In any case, if you're somewhere where you have branches around, and especially if they're still offering a cash offer to open checking (I got $75, recently I've seen $125) I'd open checking and try to get C+ that way. 

Thanks for the info.  There actually is a branch just a mile or so away from me.  I might consider doing that instead then. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.