cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online application timed out upon submission. What should I do?

tag
jforsyth
Regular Contributor

Online application timed out upon submission. What should I do?

I applied for Citi Forward online this morning. I entered all of my information and hit submit. Citi's website took me to a page that said my application was processing and that it could take up to a minute. Well, I was stuck on the page for about 5 minutes and then it returned an error.

I've called 1-888-201-4523 to see if my application is in their system. Based on my social, it's not. However, after speaking to a representative, it could be 48 hours before an online application is even added to the system (I think the CSR could have just made this up. She sounded like she was trying to get me off the phone).

I know that inquiries are almost instant. Should I pull all three of my reports to check if they've dinged me? I've already pulled all three of my reports within the past year from annualcreditreport.com, so checking my reports would cost money. As a broke college student, I'd like to avoid this. However, I'd also like to get this application in as soon as possible. I'm currently on winter break, and I don't put any dorm addresses on applications. If I'm approved for the card, I'd like to get it in the mail while I'm here instead of having my mom forward me whatever Citi sends me. I go back to school in 9 days.

Suggestions?

EQ FAKO: 779 (03/26/15)
TU FAKO: 785(03/26/15)
Citi Double Cash | Citi Forward | BankAmericard Cash Rewards | Amex Zync
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Online application timed out upon submission. What should I do?

Wait 48 hours and call.   Spending money on Credit reports will not help since the pull may be delayed as well. 

Enjoy the winter break!

Message 2 of 3
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

Re: Online application timed out upon submission. What should I do?

Hope and Wait Smiley Happy

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.