Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online gambling and credit cards...

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Online gambling and credit cards...

@Anonymous wrote:

EDIT: Agree with the above posters who mention the profitability of Blackjack if you count cards. Just make sure that where you're playing that blackjacks pay 3:2!!! Always say no to 6:5!

Right, and make sure dealer stands on S17, double after splits allowed, may resplit aces, and surrendered offered.  The Bellagio has these rules on a 6 deck game.  So easy, and so tempting to count'em there, but don't do it.  They'll catch you in 30 minutes.  They also have a double deck game (much easier to count and higher penetration) with stand on S17, double down after split, but no resplitting aces and no surrending.

With those rules, just by playing basic with no counting, house odds are reduced to approx 0.20%.  Add MLife, and may even earn some rewards on it.

PS - Aside from what I do for a living, the 2nd most time I've spent on mastering something is the wonderful game of Blackjack.

PS 2 -  Likewise, just love playing Blackjack, and gambling in general.  These days, I just play for fun, and enjoy the game, even when I lose.  

Message 51 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Open123 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

EDIT: Agree with the above posters who mention the profitability of Blackjack if you count cards. Just make sure that where you're playing that blackjacks pay 3:2!!! Always say no to 6:5!

Right, and make sure dealer stands on S17, double after splits allowed, may resplit aces, and surrendered offered.  The Bellagio has these rules on a 6 deck game.  So easy, and so tempting to count'em there, but don't do it.  They'll catch you in 30 minutes.  They also have a double deck game (much easier to count and higher penetration) with stand on S17, double down after split, but no resplitting aces and no surrending.

With those rules, just by playing basic with no counting, house odds are reduced to approx 0.20%.  Add MLife, and may even earn some rewards on it.

PS - Aside from what I do for a living, the 2nd most time I've spent on mastering something is the wonderful game of Blackjack.

You're speaking my language. Smiley Happy

But at the risk of derailing the topic, that's all I will say on the matter.

Message 52 of 79
EddieK
Established Contributor

Geez...it's FANTASY sports, people try to make it out to be as if you're making side deals with the mafia.  I've deposited money to both Fanduel and Yahoo via two different credit card companies.  It's NOT a cash advance.  Most recently deposited with my Chase SW card, no issues at all.  And it's paid off immediately, might as well get rewards with your deposit.

Starting Scores:
1/19/14:

1/28/14:
2/12/14:
Current Scores:
7/10/19:
12/17/16:
9/05/17:
Message 53 of 79
Open123
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You're speaking my language. Smiley Happy

But at the risk of derailing the topic, that's all I will say on the matter.

Me too!  I get too carried away on certain topics, and should stop now!  Smiley Wink

However, always happy to run into a fellow Blackjack player.

Message 54 of 79
Open123
Super Contributor

@EddieK wrote:

Geez...it's FANTASY sports, people try to make it out to be as if you're making side deals with the mafia.  I've deposited money to both Fanduel and Yahoo via two different credit card companies.  It's NOT a cash advance.  Most recently deposited with my Chase SW card, no issues at all.  And it's paid off immediately, might as well get rewards with your deposit.

Oh man, this just killed me!  Hahahaha...too funny.

Can't believe we're having this discussion (what's a more egregious vice than gambling!) in a forum that frowns upon the buying GCs for the sole purpose of earning a buck and discourages apping purely for monetary gain.

Message 55 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anybody going to talk about Stoozing?  Now that is living life on the edge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 56 of 79
Open123
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Anybody going to talk about Stoozing?  Now that is living life on the edge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheesh!  Talk about unethical!

What do you think this is?  Barclays Arbitrage dept?!

Message 57 of 79
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@EddieK wrote:

Oh man, this just killed me!  Hahahaha...too funny.

Can't believe we're having this discussion (what's a more egregious vice than gambling!) in a forum that frowns upon the buying GCs for the sole purpose of earning a buck and discourages apping purely for monetary gain.

It's not vices that are frowned upon, just practices that might upset advertisers and business customers of FICO   Providing gambling doesn't make you default, the CCCs are happy to take the swipe fee and any necessary interest.

And Chase has no problem with me making deals with the mafia, MCC is 5051, aka "Metal Services Centers"

Message 58 of 79
EddieK
Established Contributor

And this is how the charge showed up with Chase:

Screen Shot 2015-09-09 at 10.02.16 PM.png

Starting Scores:
1/19/14:

1/28/14:
2/12/14:
Current Scores:
7/10/19:
12/17/16:
9/05/17:
Message 59 of 79
onstar
Established Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

PS 2 -  Likewise, just love playing Blackjack, and gambling in general.  These days, I just play for fun, and enjoy the game, even when I lose.  

I've been to Bellagio several times in the past two years. Each time I go, they seem to have changed the rules. Many tables where the dealers stood on S17 is now dealer hit on S17. And I haven't seen a table where you can resplit Aces in quite some time. I typically sit at Pit #2 (where most of the double deck $50 minimum tables are) because my friend is mLife Platinum and he plays a lot. He's always talking out loud what the count is, and the pit boss never ever says anything. He once convinced everyone on the table to bet 2x-4x their typical bet because the count was so high (he was betting $50-$100 per hand but increased it to $500 for that hand). 4 out of the 5 people won with two face cards. The 5th person had 14 or something and hit and bust; the dealer had 7 showing and ended with 17. I'm not suggesting you let everyone know you're counting, but just that counting at such "low stakes" isn't a big deal to them. Of course, YMMV.

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 60 of 79
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.