Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online payment fees!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Online payment fees!

Does anyone know the new laws regarding online payment fees regarding the new Credit Act Laws? Can a credit card company still charge a same day payment fee?  After being with WFNB (LaneBryant Charge) for 12 years, they are now imposing this crazy fee as of 2 months ago.  I have been paying my bill online for 3 years and I never paid this before.  Any help on this would be truly grateful. ThanksWoman Very Happy

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
lkcrew426
Regular Contributor

Re: Online payment fees!

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know the new laws regarding online payment fees regarding the new Credit Act Laws? Can a credit card company still charge a same day payment fee?  After being with WFNB (LaneBryant Charge) for 12 years, they are now imposing this crazy fee as of 2 months ago.  I have been paying my bill online for 3 years and I never paid this before.  Any help on this would be truly grateful. ThanksWoman Very Happy

They can't charge you to "make your payment" online, but they can charge for expedited service - such as same day payments.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for responding...so let me get this straight, they can charge you for same day payment even though your due date is 2 weeks away.  How bizarre is this? I wonder why all of sudden they are now doing this.  The site gives me the option to make a schedule payment...but there is now a CHARGE to change the schedule payment date.  How the H*&&  is this fair! I am so upset-------

Message 3 of 11
lkcrew426
Regular Contributor

Yes, they can charge you for same day payments, but if your payment is not due for weeks away - you should be able to schedule a next day payment or future payment at no charge, or they are not in compliance with the law.

You will want to "make a scheduled payment" which would be the one at no charge.

Message 4 of 11
laz98
Senior Contributor

they charge you to change your payment date???  i haven't noticed this on our cards.

Message 5 of 11
lkcrew426
Regular Contributor

@laz98 wrote:

they charge you to change your payment date???  i haven't noticed this on our cards.

No. They are charging online to make a same day payment, even if you payment is not due. You can schedule a payment to occur on a future date (which is at no charge), not actually change the payment due date.

Message 6 of 11
laz98
Senior Contributor

no, i understood that part, i agree that's fair.  but i was trying to understand the OP's last sentence in the post above mine.

EDITED:  i see you posted between us, so the post above yours!  Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 11
lkcrew426
Regular Contributor

@laz98 wrote:

no, i understood that part, i agree that's fair.  but i was trying to understand the OP's last sentence in the post above mine.

EDITED:  i see you posted between us, so the post above yours!  Smiley Tongue

I see, sorry for the confusion. I think he meant to change the date he schedules to make his payment. ?

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for clarification guys...still not happy about the online payment fee switcharoo after 3 years of paying online.  Customer service just indicated that if you take the scheduler option that it will not post to your account until 2 days.  Basically, if  I decide to pay this thing online...I better make sure it is at least 5 days before the due date.  Goodness...how is this any different than mailing it in.....Anyway, these companies are getting sneakier day by day.  Please do not mistake my rant for having to make a payment in a timely fashion...I am  just beside myself with this card that now I have to pay to pay them to pay on the same day.  Again...I thank everyone for their feedback.  

Message 9 of 11
lkcrew426
Regular Contributor

Yayo,

I totally understand the frustration. I had a card that did that to me prior to the change, and now is no fee for future payments (will post in 7 business days!!!!) It is very aggravating. Why should I have to pay you to pay you? Grrr. Smiley Mad

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.