cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online pre-approved sites for credit cards.

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Online pre-approved sites for credit cards.

@Untitled wrote:

@ptilda wrote:

@Untitled wrote:

I've done a few of these approval sites today, and I have a question...

On the Captiol One website it gave my Experian score when I did a pre approval, The MileStone preapproval website gave me my Transunion score.

So am I missing something here? Why do people pay for their credit scores when preapproval websites tell them their score with no HP? 

Milestone didn't give me my score, and Capital One link hasn't been working for me... do you have another link for them?

Oops, meant Credit one. It looks like this:

Information about Your Credit Score
We also obtained your credit score from this consumer reporting agency Your credit score is a number that reflects the information in your credit report. Your credit score can change, depending on how the information in your credit report changes.

Your credit score: 701
Date: 01/04/2014 
Scores range from a low of 350 to a high of 850

And it was unable to give me an offer because I did not score enough points.  Wow, not good enough for Credit One.  One day.....

Message 21 of 118
crew99
Contributor

I just did the prequal for creditone(just curious).....they pre-denied me with a 743...wow...hah

Starting Score: CK 658 12/4/12 | CS 658 12/4/12 | myFico(EQ) 696 12/1/12
Current Score: CK 725 12/1/14 | CS 775 12/1/14 | myFico(EQ) 753 12/2/14
Goal Score: 800 Dare I Dream??

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 118
enharu
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Untitled wrote:

@ptilda wrote:

@Untitled wrote:

On the Captiol One website it gave my Experian score when I did a pre approval, The MileStone preapproval website gave me my Transunion score.

So am I missing something here? Why do people pay for their credit scores when preapproval websites tell them their score with no HP? 

Milestone didn't give me my score, and Capital One link hasn't been working for me... do you have another link for them?

Oops, meant Credit one. It looks like this:

Information about Your Credit Score
We also obtained your credit score from this consumer reporting agency Your credit score is a number that reflects the information in your credit report. Your credit score can change, depending on how the information in your credit report changes.

Your credit score: 701
Date: 01/04/2014 

And it was unable to give me an offer because I did not score enough points.  Wow, not good enough for Credit One.  One day.....

+1.

I was denied for pre-qual as well!

I am to ashamed to list out all the reasons.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 23 of 118
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

A few minutes after Credit One declined me (wow, that still hurts) I pulled a three bureau report from here.  The EX didn't quite match, 10 or so points difference, so I don't know if it is a different generation or if they are using a credit card enhanced version.

Message 24 of 118
myjourney
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@Untitled wrote:

Different lenders have different or internal scoring models. 

However, 'submitting' an app with no intention of going through with the process for the purpose of receiving a free credit score is frowned upon at myFICO. 

I see Lexie's message needs a bump reminder Smiley Sad

MyFico does not condone using this technique to see scores and then post

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 25 of 118
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

OK, but this pure commercial self-interest right (they would rather we paid them for the credit score) rather than any ethical grey area.  (Even though I assume they get some money from Credit One etc when they provide the score...) But if that is the rule, fine.

Message 26 of 118
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

A few minutes after Credit One declined me (wow, that still hurts) I pulled a three bureau report from here.  The EX didn't quite match, 10 or so points difference, so I don't know if it is a different generation or if they are using a credit card enhanced version.

• Insufficient time since most recent account opened
  • Too many accounts with balances
  • Too many recent inquiries
  • Insufficient length of revolving account history

LOL okay then...I'll go weep in a corner

Your credit score: 734
Date: 01/05/2014 

734 was the same that my CU pulled when they granted my CLI and lower APR...so I think it's I wanna say EX08 enhanced or something like that...I asked once.

I did this prequal since it's a SP for the CR because I got a weird notice in the mail and I want to make sure nothing's funky on my CR. Hillarious though that Amex is an instant approval and CreditOne is a decline Smiley Sad

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 27 of 118
myjourney
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

OK, but this pure commercial self-interest right (they would rather we paid them for the credit score) rather than any ethical grey area.  (Even though I assume they get some money from Credit One etc when they provide the score...) But if that is the rule, fine.

Don't get me wrong gray blue purple the glitch is there but....It can't be promoted openly on the forum in order to keep providing services (Fico Scores) certain conditions must be kept to maintain that accreditation

Another case this is not a credit repair forum and does not represent itself as such but we can discuss legal means of how to resolve issues on CR's 

See my meaning between the lines?Smiley Wink 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 28 of 118
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Don't get me wrong gray blue purple the glitch is there but....It can't be promoted openly on the forum in order to keep providing services (Fico Scores) certain conditions must be kept to maintain that accreditation

Another case this is not a credit repair forum and does not represent itself as such but we can discuss legal means of how to resolve issues on CR's 

See my meaning between the lines?Smiley Wink 

<<<already paid his mob dues

Message 29 of 118
H4LO
Established Contributor

Funny. Tried again since last time I got my score with CreditOne.

This time it gave me a preapproval with their card... lol 

Total CL - 60K // Util. ~1.6%

772 TU - 6/5 ///// 705 EX - 5/5 ///// 664 EQ - 4/29
Message 30 of 118
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.