cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online pre-approved sites for credit cards.

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Online pre-approved sites for credit cards.

The topic of this this thread was pre-approval online sites NOT using those sites to obtain free credit scores.

By sticking to the topic and refraining from the discussion of obtaining free credit scores by using the pre-app sites; posts would not be in violation of myFICOs TOS. 

Thank you,

Lexie, myFICO Moderator

Message 31 of 118
ccuser
Valued Member

@longtime_lurker wrote:

• Insufficient time since most recent account opened
  • Too many accounts with balances
  • Too many recent inquiries
  • Insufficient length of revolving account history

LOL okay then...I'll go weep in a corner

Your credit score: 734
Date: 01/05/2014 
Scores range from a low of 350 to a high of 850

734 was the same that my CU pulled when they granted my CLI and lower APR...so I think it's I wanna say EX08 enhanced or something like that...I asked once.

I did this prequal since it's a SP for the CR because I got a weird notice in the mail and I want to make sure nothing's funky on my CR. Hillarious though that Amex is an instant approval and CreditOne is a decline Smiley Sad

I was also denied with exactly the same list of reasons and a score of 771! Wow!

AMEX BCP 25k | Discover It 17.6k | NIHFCU/Elan Bonus Rewards 9.8k | Citi ThankYou Preferred 9.4k (AU) | Barclaycard Arrival+ 8.5k | Citi Simplicity 8.5k | Andrews FCU GlobeTrek 7.5k | Sears MC 6.5k | Old Navy Visa 6k | Target 2.4k | Macy's 1.8k

EX FICO: 800 | TU FICO: 808 | EQ FICO: 815
Message 32 of 118
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

BTW, If you get approved they do NOT give you your score.  lol.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 33 of 118
shark268
Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Untitled wrote:

@ptilda wrote:

@Untitled wrote:

I've done a few of these approval sites today, and I have a question...

On the Captiol One website it gave my Experian score when I did a pre approval, The MileStone preapproval website gave me my Transunion score.

So am I missing something here? Why do people pay for their credit scores when preapproval websites tell them their score with no HP? 

Milestone didn't give me my score, and Capital One link hasn't been working for me... do you have another link for them?

Oops, meant Credit one. It looks like this:

Information about Your Credit Score
We also obtained your credit score from this consumer reporting agency Your credit score is a number that reflects the information in your credit report. Your credit score can change, depending on how the information in your credit report changes.

Your credit score: 701
Date: 01/04/2014 
Scores range from a low of 350 to a high of 850

And it was unable to give me an offer because I did not score enough points.  Wow, not good enough for Credit One.  One day.....

+1.

I was denied for pre-qual as well!

I am to ashamed to list out all the reasons.

I was also denied Credit One with a score of 741, maybe they only approved scores that are low enough!?!  Smiley Very Happy ha. Anyways, proud to be in the company of guys with sigs like yours on this denial. 

4/2013 first credit ever. Eq Fico 749, discover TU fico 777

NFCU NavChek: 15k // NFCU CashRewards 14k // Sportsman's Guide Visa 9k // CSP 7.5k // CU LOC 7.5k // Amex BCE 6k (1987) // Total Rewards 5.5k // BarclayCard Ring 5k // Amex ED 4.5k (1987) // Commerce Bank 4k // Cap1 VentureOne 3k // JCrew Store: $6.45k // WF Visa 3k // Amazon Store 2.5k // Quicksilver MC $1.5k // Discover IT $1250 // Chase Freedom $1k // PenFed LOC $500
Message 34 of 118
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

I get no results on any pre-qualified sites - never ever but have been approved for all the cards I applied....oh wait the only pre-qualified that pops up with results is Amex but only for their Business cards and I am not even eligible Smiley Sad .. so I have to cold app for anything I want and I am not opt-out !  Also all my apps result in the 7-30 day messages and test my patience....lol

Message 35 of 118
MadTechnologist
Frequent Contributor

I think the real reason most people in this thread did not get pre-qualified for Credit One is because their scores and credit are "too" good so you're overqualified, lol. I hate that Credit One was the only site that pre-qualified/approved me. Granted, I knew that would be the case before I tried them, but since it's a SP, I had to try it Smiley Tongue

Anywho, I'm working on getting some baddies removed and my uti down so I can really see my scores rise like a burning pheonix!

Starting Score: 611 (02/28/2014 EQ MyFico) 608 (Barclays TU 03/28/14)
Current Score: 665 (05/13/16 EQ) 655 (05/13/16 TU) 672 (05/13/16 EX) Gardening since 04/30/2016
Goal Score: 740+ All Around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 36 of 118
chalupaman
Super Contributor

I have mixed feelings about preapproval websites. Most of the time, I've never gotten an offer for cards but got approved for certain ones I wanted anyway. I'm guessing for some websites like Chase, they might be a lot more accurate but I've also heard of people who have been turned down for cards they were preapproved for.

I do remember getting prequalified for one of those Credit One cards though but never applied and certainly have no interest now either.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 37 of 118
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

I just checked most of the sites.

I bailed when I was on the Credit one site... first reason is that they require a full SSN.. usually its just the last 4 digits..

and they also said "By clicking the ‘I Agree’ button below, you acknowledge that you are providing ‘written instructions’ to Credit One Bank to obtain information from your personal credit profile from one or more credit reporting agencies in order to conduct a pre-qualification for credit. Pre-qualification does not guarantee account approval and you must submit a full application for review in order to apply for any pre-qualified offer(s) of credit."

It makes me feel that it might be an HP?

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 38 of 118
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Christina_xyt wrote:

I just checked most of the sites.

I bailed when I was on the Credit one site... first reason is that they require a full SSN.. usually its just the last 4 digits..

and they also said "By clicking the ‘I Agree’ button below, you acknowledge that you are providing ‘written instructions’ to Credit One Bank to obtain information from your personal credit profile from one or more credit reporting agencies in order to conduct a pre-qualification for credit. Pre-qualification does not guarantee account approval and you must submit a full application for review in order to apply for any pre-qualified offer(s) of credit."

It makes me feel that it might be an HP?

I think it's a soft pull.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 39 of 118
Involver
Valued Contributor

Credit One is a SP.

Message 40 of 118
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.