Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only 1 CC posting, WARNING

tag
NoNonsense
Established Member

Re: Only 1 CC posting, WARNING

@Involver wrote:

Chase has been posting multiple times a month for me.  They'll report $0 at statement cut (which I want) and then high balances mid-cycle (which I do not want).

That's ALSO very troublesome.  I think this would explain the otherwise unexplainable variations in FICO scores that some people report every now and then.  These posters assume they are in full control of their numbers and can't explain some 20 point drops in FICO and I am guessing they are unaware that Chase, and maybe there are others, have reported a balance at an unexpected, untimely time...  This is becoming officially a problem.

Message 11 of 12
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

Re: Only 1 CC posting, WARNING

@NoNonsense wrote:

Thanks for the replies, guys.  Yep, so apparently Chase is a tricky card to use for the one-posting-card policy.  I will either eliminate it from the rotation of cards for that purpose or make note to take my sweet time paying the Statement Due (but, before Due Date, of course).

I'll chime in with another....Yes, Chase is a tough one to use as your reporting card.  I had a Chase card that had my lastest reporting date in the month.  I let a small balance show up on the statement then paid it off the next day...it reported 0 on my CR.....lost 7 points.....put $9 on my first reporting card and let it report....got my 7 points back.  Moral of story, use it for your reporting card but give it a few days before you PIF....or "take my sweet time paying" before the due date.

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.