cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only 2k CL on new chase ink business....worth even trying to request CLI with hard inquiry?

tag
ninjacookies
Valued Member

Re: Only 2k CL on new chase ink business....worth even trying to request CLI with hard inquiry?

Just wanted to update this thread with awesome news!

Did not yet give the go-ahead to apply for the CLI for my credit union cc.  BUT, I got an offer from Amex Blue Sky in the mail the other day, and just got this wreckless itch due to being at wits end.  Typed in the rsvp code online, and was instantly approved! (NEVER been insta-approved before)

However, the real surprise came when I called into the automated line, and found out they gave me an initial CL of $10,000!!!! Wow!!!!

That really stunned me, as my highest CL is $2k on my Chase Ink business card.  Nonetheless, this was a huge victory for me, so I'll take it!!

Ok, so back to my original inquiry.

Here is my current card lineup:

credit union (~7 years): 1k CL

orchard (~1.5 years): $350 CL

Chase Ink Business (~1 month): $2k CL

Amex Blue Sky (< month, new): $10k CL

TU score of 756 BEFORE the chase and amex cards (last checked a month and a half ago).

Since I now have 2 cards (the chase and amex) that are basically brand new, would now be a bad time to go ahead and proceed with the credit union CL increase request?  Don't want to shoot myself in the foot.

Again, thank you so much to the wonderful posters with an abundance of knowledge on this forum, you guys have really helped change my life!

starting score: 558 3/2010
current scores: TU 674 EQ: 714

Goal: 750+
Message 11 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Only 2k CL on new chase ink business....worth even trying to request CLI with hard inquiry?

@ninjacookies wrote:

Just wanted to update this thread with awesome news!

Did not yet give the go-ahead to apply for the CLI for my credit union cc.  BUT, I got an offer from Amex Blue Sky in the mail the other day, and just got this wreckless itch due to being at wits end.  Typed in the rsvp code online, and was instantly approved! (NEVER been insta-approved before)

However, the real surprise came when I called into the automated line, and found out they gave me an initial CL of $10,000!!!! Wow!!!!

That really stunned me, as my highest CL is $2k on my Chase Ink business card.  Nonetheless, this was a huge victory for me, so I'll take it!!

Ok, so back to my original inquiry.

Here is my current card lineup:

credit union (~7 years): 1k CL

orchard (~1.5 years): $350 CL

Chase Ink Business (~1 month): $2k CL

Amex Blue Sky (< month, new): $10k CL

TU score of 756 BEFORE the chase and amex cards (last checked a month and a half ago).

Since I now have 2 cards (the chase and amex) that are basically brand new, would now be a bad time to go ahead and proceed with the credit union CL increase request?  Don't want to shoot myself in the foot.

Again, thank you so much to the wonderful posters with an abundance of knowledge on this forum, you guys have really helped change my life!

If that is personal Amex then I would wait until that reports in a week or so, sometimes longer... then I would ask the credit union to match it.

I would close your Orchard.

might wait a few months on the chase and use it for 3 or so statements.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.