Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only a little luv from Discover

tag
KatherineLee
Valued Member

Only a little luv from Discover

Been holding a Discover More card in my wallet and using it relatively heavy for 7 months with no automatic loving CLI from Discover.

I decided to start getting greedy since my $2500 CL from Discover More is less than the US Bank Cash Rewards card I got 4 years ago at $4000 is at - and a 3.5% higher interest rate. 

I called up Discover and inquired about a CLI request I made on the web site four days ago since it seemed they were going to pull a hard on me and I would be very annoyed if it didn't result in an increase for me.  When I called I learned they didn't do a hard pull yet, but they asked for it.  I explained why I wanted an increase (in lying terms, like holiday season coming up and I want to use Discover as my primary card but the limit is lower than my VISA card... la la la). 

They still asked to do a hard pull and I said no, what can you do without doing a hard pull re-explaining that I wanted to use Discover as my primary card but I am more inclinded to use my VISA right now since it has a higher CL and a lower APR.   Waited on hold for a few minutes and got a $500 increase.  I'll take that.  I make $25,500/year as a Graduate Research Asssistant (graduate student) so I don't have huge income anyways.

My Transunion FICO was 716   2.5 months ago pulled from myfico.  Will get an updated one in about a week.  It was at 723 when I first got the Discover More card but has dropped due to even another card (Citi platinum select mastercard) with a high utilization (60% teehee... no interest though for 15 months!).

I am getting greedy...

Time for a product change from Slate to Freedom?  I keep getting invites for Freedom in the mail now... I think it's time for that PC.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
KatherineLee
Valued Member

Re: Only a little luv from Discover

No love from Chase yet.

I just called to ask for a PC to Freedom but they said it wasn't an option yet until I have held my Slate card for a year.  I got my Slate card at the end of November last year.  I get to wait a few weeks and then try again!  But... glad to hear that it's sounding like it'll happen!

Message 2 of 6
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

thats good to hear! good deal! 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 3 of 6
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 4 of 6
doublespaces
Frequent Contributor

@KatherineLee wrote:

No love from Chase yet.

I just called to ask for a PC to Freedom but they said it wasn't an option yet until I have held my Slate card for a year.  I got my Slate card at the end of November last year.  I get to wait a few weeks and then try again!  But... glad to hear that it's sounding like it'll happen!

I was told by a chase rep the min CL is 5k to PC to a freedom. If you apply separately I think that isn't the case however.

Starting: EQ: 490 TU: ??? EX: ???
Current: EQ: 717 TU: 757 EX: 736 (lender)
Goal: 800+
=============
Amex: Zync, Gold Delta
Discover More
Chase Slate
Discover More
Message 5 of 6
KatherineLee
Valued Member

I didn't hear that from the service rep I talked to yesterday, but then I didn't ask.  I currently have a 3k CL on the Chase Slate - the only thing the rep said that was holding me back from the PC is that they don't do it unless you have held the Slate card for a year.  We'll see what they have to say to me then on December 1st when I call in for the PC to Freedom. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.