cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only one AMEX payment in the first 30 Days?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Only one AMEX payment in the first 30 Days?

I made two payments after having the card for two weeks without issue. The only thing I had to wait for was the charges to go from pending to actual charges.
Message 11 of 15
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

Thank you all for the advice! Phew, I can stop stressing knowing that I can still make more payments before the statement cuts.

Message 12 of 15
selena
Contributor

@AvadaKedavra wrote:

Being the crazy that I am, I like to make multiple payments in a billing period so by close of statement I'm either at $0 balance or under 10%. Last night I decided to make a small payment to my AMEX EveryDay with hopes of making one more payment before the closing date of September 9th. Well after I did that I realize I can't make another payment after that one until there is either a payment due posted or 30 days from when I added my bank account as a payment method. This is going to drive me insane. Does anyone know of any work arounds?

Do you have the Amex app?

The same thing happened to me too. I made one payment early online. Few days later purchased some items then decided to get a nice some of points by paying my rent using my Amex however with a prior balance it would have put me over my low CL. So I made the payment over the phone and payed my rent. Went to pay the balance on my Amex for my rent online and it wouldn't let me so I called and they told me about the 30 day thing. I was super upset because that put the card at like 90% utilization. So what I did was downloaded the app and made the payment that way and it worked.

As of March 2016:
Equifax 735
TransUnion 702
Experian 731
Message 13 of 15
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

@selena wrote:

@AvadaKedavra wrote:

Being the crazy that I am, I like to make multiple payments in a billing period so by close of statement I'm either at $0 balance or under 10%. Last night I decided to make a small payment to my AMEX EveryDay with hopes of making one more payment before the closing date of September 9th. Well after I did that I realize I can't make another payment after that one until there is either a payment due posted or 30 days from when I added my bank account as a payment method. This is going to drive me insane. Does anyone know of any work arounds?

Do you have the Amex app?

The same thing happened to me too. I made one payment early online. Few days later purchased some items then decided to get a nice some of points by paying my rent using my Amex however with a prior balance it would have put me over my low CL. So I made the payment over the phone and payed my rent. Went to pay the balance on my Amex for my rent online and it wouldn't let me so I called and they told me about the 30 day thing. I was super upset because that put the card at like 90% utilization. So what I did was downloaded the app and made the payment that way and it worked.

Tried in the app. When I go to "Pay Bill" it says "There is no balance dueon this account at this time." I'll just have to push via Chase. 

Message 14 of 15
selena
Contributor

Oh I wonder how I got it to work??? Well good luck

As of March 2016:
Equifax 735
TransUnion 702
Experian 731
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.