Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only one type of Paypal DC?

tag
ayles
Established Contributor

Only one type of Paypal DC?

I want to apply for the Paypal DC so I can link it to my Smart Connect account but when I click on the "Paypal Debit Mastercard link" the application says Business Debit Card on it.  Is there a regular one too that I'm not finding or is there just one and it says business on it? I don't have a business Smiley Tongue 

Current scores: myFICO: 670/TU(Wal): 664/TU(Dis): 659 (Goal: 700)
Last app: 1/3/2014; (Prayerfully!) gardening until: 7/3/2014

~I'm living for an audience of One!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Only one type of Paypal DC?

@ayles wrote:

I want to apply for the Paypal DC so I can link it to my Smart Connect account but when I click on the "Paypal Debit Mastercard link" the application says Business Debit Card on it.  Is there a regular one too that I'm not finding or is there just one and it says business on it? I don't have a business Smiley Tongue 

You can apply for the PayPal Debit MasterCard (yes it says Business - reference the product links) and it can be linked to your PayPal Smart Connect account.  Once you're approved and gets set up on your online profile, you would need to select the PPSC as a default payment method linked to the PayPal Debit MC.

Message 2 of 9
ayles
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@ayles wrote:

I want to apply for the Paypal DC so I can link it to my Smart Connect account but when I click on the "Paypal Debit Mastercard link" the application says Busines

The PayPal Smart Connect account cannot be linked to the PayPal Extras MC.  You can only have one or the other but not both.  Technically, if you applied for the eBay MC or the PayPal Extras MC, you would be considered for those first, and if you don't qualify then you can be considered and approved for the PayPal Smart Connect account.

You can apply for the PayPal Debit MasterCard - the only one - (reference the product links) and it can be linked to your PayPal Smart Connect account.  Once you're approved and gets set up on your online profile, you would need to select the PPSC as a default payment method linked to the PayPal Debit MC.

Thanks for the info! I actually wasn't talking about the Extras MC; I know that you can only have one Paypal credit product. I was talking about the debit card because whenever I click on the Paypal Debit Card link  from the products page, it takes me to the Paypal Debit Mastercard Business application and says I'd have to update to a premier account.  So I wanted to know are there two types of debit cards-personal and business-or is there only one, the business one which anyone can apply for? 

Message 3 of 9
ayles
Established Contributor

FinStar wrote:

ayles wrote:

You can apply for the PayPal Debit MasterCard (yes it says Business - reference the product links) and it can be linked to your PayPal Smart Connect account.  Once you're approved and gets set up on your online profile, you would need to select the PPSC as a default payment method linked to the PayPal Debit MC.

lol yes that's what I was trying to figure out, why it says business when I'm not needing it for any type of business, just personal use, and wasn't sure if signing up for a business one would incur any hidden fees etc. 

Message 4 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ayles wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@ayles wrote:

I want to apply for the Paypal DC so I can link it to my Smart Connect account but when I click on the "Paypal Debit Mastercard link" the application says Busines

The PayPal Smart Connect account cannot be linked to the PayPal Extras MC.  You can only have one or the other but not both.  Technically, if you applied for the eBay MC or the PayPal Extras MC, you would be considered for those first, and if you don't qualify then you can be considered and approved for the PayPal Smart Connect account.

You can apply for the PayPal Debit MasterCard - the only one - (reference the product links) and it can be linked to your PayPal Smart Connect account.  Once you're approved and gets set up on your online profile, you would need to select the PPSC as a default payment method linked to the PayPal Debit MC.

Thanks for the info! I actually wasn't talking about the Extras MC; I know that you can only have one Paypal credit product. I was talking about the debit card because whenever I click on the Paypal Debit Card link  from the products page, it takes me to the Paypal Debit Mastercard Business application and says I'd have to update to a premier account.  So I wanted to know are there two types of debit cards-personal and business-or is there only one, the business one which anyone can apply for? 

Yes, that's the only one.  Sorry for the confusion.  Initially I read your post as if you meant PayPal DC (usually DC also stands for Dual Card, such as the PayPal Extras)

Message 5 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ayles wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@ayles wrote:

lol yes that's what I was trying to figure out, why it says business when I'm not needing it for any type of business, just personal use, and wasn't sure if signing up for a business one would incur any hidden fees etc. 

No AF and no hidden fees.  IIRC you earn 1% CB whenever you use it as a payment method, basically wherever MC is accepted. 

Message 6 of 9
IWOL
Established Contributor

@ayles.....you can actually have more than one paypal credit product but you have to open another paypal account to apply for it.

i have both Bill Me Later and Smart. Connect account. They are linked to different paypal accounts. I've see a post here from someone who has all 3 including the MasterCard.

i believe if you order the debit card it automatically upgrades your account to premier, which they seem to consider a business account. I don't think it matters if you actually use the paypal account for a business.

Message 7 of 9
ayles
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@ayles wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@ayles wrote:

No AF and no hidden fees.  IIRC you earn 1% CB whenever you use it as a payment method, basically wherever MC is accepted. 

Kewel! I just signed up. Any idea on how to choose SC as preferred method? I looked all over and can't find a way to do a general preferred method on Paypal; only individually with individual merchants.

Message 8 of 9
ayles
Established Contributor

@IWOL wrote:

@ayles.....you can actually have more than one paypal credit product but you have to open another paypal account to apply for it.

i have both Bill Me Later and Smart. Connect account. They are linked to different paypal accounts. I've see a post here from someone who has all 3 including the MasterCard.

i believe if you order the debit card it automatically upgrades your account to premier, which they seem to consider a business account. I don't think it matters if you actually use the paypal account for a business.

Thank you! I have BML too but it isn't associated with my Paypal; I just use it through the billmelater.com url. I'm in the garden until August so no Paypal Extras MC for me :'(

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.