Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ooops, I left the garden. :)

tag
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

Re: Ooops, I left the garden. :)

I almost pulled the trigger on a Amazon card and Walmart card, but held steady (they are both backed by GE).  I didn't want to push my luck.

I REALLY do need these new accounts to help me with my credit score in terms of "on time payments".  My credit score was going nowhere this year as I've done all that I could to do to fix my credit report.  

So getting 7 new accounts should start counting big time, when I come out of the garden in 12-24 months.  

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 21 of 26
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

bah, just app for them. wont kill you. all inq fall-off together
5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 22 of 26
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

Don't tempted me man.  I'm weak.  Especially since I've been making straight A's lately.  I don't want to get cocky.   Smiley Very Happy

Now I just want to up my current credit lines to ridiculous amounts like some of the members here...

I'm gunning for a CSP and BCP this time next year.  THEY. WILL. BE. MINE.

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 23 of 26
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

I wonder if it's too late to call in and recon for a higher limit, to say $5k.  Thoughts?

My Wallet:
Message 24 of 26
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 25 of 26
Tran92
Regular Contributor

Congrats! I know how tempting it is to keep apping, but I managed to stop the itch. I just try to stay away from the Internet as much as possible lol. Good luck!
TU 746 (10/13)
GOAL: 750+

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.