Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Investigation with AMEX

tag
Tryingtogetbetter
Contributor

Re: Open Investigation with AMEX

Well I'm not so much worried that I didn't see any welcome email or welcome offer in the package, what worried me was the rep stating there was no offer on my account. I'll just wait a few days and see what the investigation reveals. If not I will try a different rep. 

Current FICO Scores as of 12/12/15 - EQ-704 TU-736 EX-708
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

The welcome offer is not printed on the welcome packet because it does change so frequently. Our systems, on occasion, will not show the acquisition code for a new account which it sounds like is what happened when you called - but the code dictating your offer should still be in the back-end. Not all representatives know how to access that system. If necessary, please don't hesitate to ask to speak with a supervisor and they will be happy to check if there is indeed an offer attached. Do keep in mind that you can only get a welcome offer for each specific card in a lifetime. As long as you haven't had this card before as a primary cardmember, and you didn't try applying via a third party website for an offer that's actually inactive (which some people continue trying to do for the 100K Platinum Card offer), you should be fine.
Message 12 of 15
Tryingtogetbetter
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
The welcome offer is not printed on the welcome packet because it does change so frequently. Our systems, on occasion, will not show the acquisition code for a new account which it sounds like is what happened when you called - but the code dictating your offer should still be in the back-end. Not all representatives know how to access that system. If necessary, please don't hesitate to ask to speak with a supervisor and they will be happy to check if there is indeed an offer attached. Do keep in mind that you can only get a welcome offer for each specific card in a lifetime. As long as you haven't had this card before as a primary cardmember, and you didn't try applying via a third party website for an offer that's actually inactive (which some people continue trying to do for the 100K Platinum Card offer), you should be fine.

Thanks for the info Pooka89. I definiately signed up via AMEX's website using Chrome and I double checked the offer for 50K. I've never had an AMEX before so I've never used up any offer for any card. This puts me at ease, the rep I spoke with on chat probably just couldn't see it. If I don't hear anything from the investigation by the end of the week I will reach out to them again. Thanks again. 

Message 13 of 15
Tryingtogetbetter
Contributor

I spoke with a different rep through chat today (she was incredibly nice and helpful) and let me know that the 50K offer was indeed attached to my card. She stated that bonus offers typically do not show up on the account within the first 24-48 hours of account opening which the previous rep should've had mentioned to me rather than just stating no bonus offer was there. She apologize and did confirm the 50K offer, so great news there. Thanks all.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cp94550 wrote:

I just opened 2 AX cards and was only given an offer on the first card.  It says in the terms that you are not eligible for the promo if you already have an account.  I see a AX in your sig - not sure if that's the new card or one you already had.  Perhaps you are not eligible since you already have an AX account?

Same here. I have had two investigations open with Amex regarding the 250 offer for the Blue Cash Preferred. They told me my account did not have any offer(s) when I signed up for the account, perhaps I had an account.

I didn't get the bonus at the end.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.