Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Status on Cards not used

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Open Status on Cards not used

I have several store credit cards in "open" status. I haven't used them in years and no longer even receive statements. Should I close them?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Open Status on Cards not used

No, they're probably helping your FICO store.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Arzetta, and welcome to the forum! Smiley Happy

A LOT of store cc's don't send statements because you have a $0 balance.

They are helping as the credit limits are still reporting positively and are factored into your utilization calculations.

I'd suggest you call up each one of them, and see if it's ok to use, and go purchase something on those cards. Credit card companies are known to close accounts if they aren't used often enough.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree about them closing card for non use. My BF had a pennys card a few years back and last year he tried using it for a present for me and they said that it was closed due to inactivitey. 

They just reactivated it at customer service his credit limit was lower then before but they didn't even pull his credit report because he was a good customer in good standing with them when they closed his account. Also got to use the same cards.

I told him now he has a valid excuse to go shopping every 6 months to keep them from doing this again hahaha.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey laila! Have you checked out Sephora on the Penny's site? I use them almost exclusively for all my things. Maybe he will get a hint. lol
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sylviatob wrote:
Hey laila! Have you checked out Sephora on the Penny's site? I use them almost exclusively for all my things. Maybe he will get a hint. lol

Just noticed that yesterday when i was registering his account for online payments (he bought some sneakers for our up coming trip)! I love love love sephora. They have some great stuff. I am definitely going to mention it to him since i always ask him for stuff from them at Christmas time. My favorite line is smashbox.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.