Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open and Closed CC's

tag
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Open and Closed CC's

So I have 10 open and closed CC's total.  Do CC Companies take this into concideration when deciding eligibilty for new CC's? My AAOA is 2 years and total CC history is 4.8 years, thanks.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
skyisthelimit
New Contributor

Re: Open and Closed CC's

Some look at the current line of credit you have and if you have any of there card's or there competitors (chase vs citi!).  If your looking to get better/bigger cards, the one thing I would recommend to you is get a cli on your citi forward over 5k.  After that you should be able to qualify for some more prime cards.  GL.

Message 2 of 4
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Ty for the response.  I plan on asking for a cl increase at the end of the year to reach 5k hopefully i'll get it.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 3 of 4
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@migliogiorni wrote:

So I have 10 open and closed CC's total.  Do CC Companies take this into concideration when deciding eligibilty for new CC's? My AAOA is 2 years and total CC history is 4.8 years, thanks.

a few will deny if your total CL of your  open credit lines far exceeds your income. But mostly they look at AAoA and UTL per card and total UTL. They don't look at the closed cards beyond AAoA and payment record.  They want at least 2-3 cards open for over a year. Beyond that it doesn't matter really. I have 21 (soon to be 23) open and closed tradelines,  only 3 are closed and have no problems getting AMEX, Chase, First Omaha,  Citi  cards. Thin files are bad... thick files with perfect payments and low UTL and high AAoA are what 800+ ficos are  made of. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.