cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opened 2 accounts recently - how long to wait to apply for my first Amex?

tag
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

Re: Opened 2 accounts recently - how long to wait to apply for my first Amex?

Actually, I think there's a rule that you have to wait 30 days if they deny you before you app again.  I would app for the Green and the SPG at the same time.  It will most likely just be one inquiry. You can always cancel the Green later.

Message 11 of 18
HiLine
Blogger

That's what I was thinking of doing. If I had to call recon and Amex would only approve one card, I would definitely go with the SPG....

Message 12 of 18
HiLine
Blogger

Thought I'd keep you guys updated. I pulled the trigger today, and ......

got

approved for a

Delta Skymiles Gold!!!!!!

Thanks a lot for your advice - so glad I took it!!!

I got the 14-day message, but checked my status online an hour after to find the word APPROVED.

Just went out to drink to celebrate with friends. Now my next target is a second Amex in January, then I'll probably start gardening Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 18
distantarray
Established Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

got

approved for a

I got the 14-day message, but checked my status online an hour after to find the word APPROVED.

Just went out to drink to celebrate with friends. Now my next target is a second Amex in January, then I'll probably start gardening Smiley Very Happy

General rule of thumb, if your going to app for upto 3-4 cards, do it all at once, so no one will know of eachother's inquiries before it's too late, just don't be a dumbass and app for more than 2 cards for the same issuer on the same day.......... i'm staring at the store cards people..............

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 14 of 18
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

Hooray!!!!  Very well done!  Enjoy your Delta and keep your eyes on the BCP for the future.  Congrats!

Message 15 of 18
distantarray
Established Contributor

@koalablue wrote:

Hooray!!!!  Very well done!  Enjoy your Delta and keep your eyes on the BCP for the future.  Congrats!

Use the Delta card get the 30,000 miles bonus use it as cash and redeem it for $300 cause the miles are worthless =x  (seriously....) and then PC it to a BCE/BCP Smiley Wink

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 16 of 18
RonDawg
Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

got

approved for a

Congrats!

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 17 of 18
HiLine
Blogger

Thank you!!! I will consider a PC after obtaining and redeeming those Skypesos lol. I got a 45000 miles deal for 3k spending deal, so it will take a couple of months.

By the way, for those applying for Amex in the future, they pulled both Transunion and Equifax on me. Not sure if they also pulled Experian.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.