Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opened a credit union account so happy.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Opened a credit union account so happy.

I think the woman may have thought I was crazy. I opened a checking account 2 weeks ago she asked it I wanted Overdraft. I declined did not want another INQ.

I then thought maybe apply for a CC through them. I printed out my Fico reports to show her. I was hoping she would look it over and see if anything popped out at her as a reason to deny. She said she could not do that she had to pull my credit. I was hedging the idea. She asked if I have an opt out. I said no she pulled a soft and gave me a CC for 1500 it was all I asked for. She also used the same inq for OD protection 500cl. I'm still amazed when I get approved for things! I probably could have gotten a higher limit but still do not want a card I can not pay off in a month if trouble hit.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Opened a credit union account so happy.

I love my CU-

My 1 year with them is this week- 
I have $50K HELOC and a $20K CC with them

The CC was orig 10K and I asked for a CLI when my DTI changed.

Once you are with a great CU - big banks suck!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

member of close to a dozen cu's, not expecting to ever close a single one.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

What credit unions do you guys belong to? 

I need another one that isn't hard to get into, pulls EQ or TU,  675-700 credit scores, BK almost 2 years discharged.

Please advise, I would appreciate it.

I did just get approved for Alliant and CCCU

How is CCCU with CCs, anyone?

Anyone with further information on Alliants products as well.

Thank you!
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

my CCCU is getting ready to turn a year old-

It has not gotten much use- but I will let you know, I do plan on asking for a CLI.

PositiveChange wrote:
What credit unions do you guys belong to? 

I need another one that isn't hard to get into, pulls EQ or TU,  675-700 credit scores, BK almost 2 years discharged.

Please advise, I would appreciate it.

I did just get approved for Alliant and CCCU

How is CCCU with CCs, anyone?

Anyone with further information on Alliants products as well.

Thank you!

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Tim.  What limit did you start out with?  Scores if you remember, any baddies?

I did get $5,000 from Alliant, I should have asked for more.  Wonder if they will increase upon activation?  I hate to be greedy.  Should I say I want to transfer some balances and ask for more?  The thing about that is the recent report only shows about $500 utilized on my other CCs, I do have student loans though. 

Please anyone, how should I go about asking for a CLI upon activation?  Should I just ask or give the balance transfer reason?
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My EX score was just over 600 when I opened -

This was when my last CA dropped off-
I still have a few baddies under 2 years old.

PositiveChange wrote:
Thanks Tim.  What limit did you start out with?  Scores if you remember, any baddies?

I did get $5,000 from Alliant, I should have asked for more.  Wonder if they will increase upon activation?  I hate to be greedy.  Should I say I want to transfer some balances and ask for more?  The thing about that is the recent report only shows about $500 utilized on my other CCs, I do have student loans though. 

Please anyone, how should I go about asking for a CLI upon activation?  Should I just ask or give the balance transfer reason?

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Positive Change, question for you as I am looking hard at Alliant. You said you had a BK, 7 or 13? I had heard they were BK unfriendly. I have a 7 from 2003. I want to take advantage of their savings rates but would like a CC in the deal as well.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Contractor:

It was a Ch 7 and yours is older than mine.  I don't know what your scores are like but mine 675-700.  I have kept my credit pristine since the discharge, my utilization was about 4% and a total of 3 inquiries over 2 years.

If you do apply online be sure to check off that you are interested in other products, ie credit cards etc., so that they use one pull, which is good for 30 days.  When I tried to app their system was screwy and I kept getting errors.  Never even saw the options to check other items of interest, so when I called in to inquire about the cc, they pulled another EQ report (have to get that inquiry taken off). 

It may be worth a shot if you are in position to expand.

Hope that helps
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Indeed it does, PC. Thanx. My Eq is 667 at the moment. I intend to app in person as I have heard horror stories about the online app. Also, I figure cash in hand to go into savings may get their attention. Smiley Wink Appreciate the info.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.