cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opened six new credit cards this year, want my 2nd from citi. Tons of inq when to app?

tag
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: Opened six new credit cards this year, want my 2nd from citi. Tons of inq when to app?

Barclay's will be in danger with that many new accounts that fast. I suspect they'll close your account.

Barclay's is SUPER sensitive to inquiries. Be careful.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 11 of 14
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Re: Opened six new credit cards this year, want my 2nd from citi. Tons of inq when to app?

@madmann26 wrote:

Barclay's will be in danger with that many new accounts that fast. I suspect they'll close your account.

Barclay's is SUPER sensitive to inquiries. Be careful.

Barclays approved me after I acquired 6 other cards within 5 months. I don't think they are as sensitive as a lot of ppl think. Smiley Indifferent

Message 12 of 14
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@DigitalArk wrote:

I have opened 7 new CC accounts this year. It's a little bit too many than I had planed.

Did you follow my bad example ?  Also 7 new in 2013 Smiley Embarassed

What is your plan for 2014?

Message 13 of 14
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Zingy wrote:

my inq are as follows, 30 times on TU in the las. Year, actually more, old report

Feb chase denied me, march chase approved me, sept chase did not cli, nov chase doubled me cl

Feb discover approved me, June discover gave me a more than double cli

March citi/aa approved me, nov citi soft pulled an increase, hard pulled and got an even bigger increase

Got auto loan in march, inquired for from many many banks

boa approved me in march, cli in june

Tmobile hit me twice

Amex did not approve me in July, Amex approved me in november 

barclays approved me in July with 500 dollar credit line, did not increase in September or December (guessing will be hard to get, perhaps wait for auto cli)

US bank approved me in November

i want a 2nd citi card, should I pull the trigger in feb or march or April Or may?

30 inq on TU in 2013? Really and Barclays approved ?  I would make sure no inq on EQ in the past 6 months and no new account in the past 6 months. But you might also slow down because you have a Barclays card. They are known to be inq sensitive ....well also for me Barclays approved with 6 new accounts but I was testing my waters to see if I would get denied. But TU had only a handfull of inq for me.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.