Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening 4 new accounts in a month

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Opening 4 new accounts in a month

@Involver wrote:
I totally did not expect this to be another FR thread.

Sadly I was wrong.

You can almost hear the collective "doh!" as everyone opens this thread and sees its about the possibility of FR. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 11 of 23
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@pat0812 wrote:

I opened up in the last month 4 new CC accounts, to build up my credit limits and stop getting new account in the future and garden from now. I rather open accounts now than hurting my average age of accounts in the future.

Most my accounts have $0 balance and just one account has balance.

I have 2 AMEX accounts for 2 years and always paid on time, and my uti is at 19% right now, my FICO experian is 736

Is there any chance AMEX might FR me with 4 new accounts or this is reasonable ?

Amex RARELY (note rare) does financial reviews. 3 accounts (though one was opened prior), have shown up on my report since Amex approval.  And the card didn't see much use last month.  You should be fine.

Signature needs updating
Message 12 of 23
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Sigh, another FR/ "Will they close my account"/ etc/etc thread

Message 13 of 23
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Okay, OP had question, fr threads beget more. Let's hope they die down as people new to credit become accustomed to credit (that includes moi) Smiley Wink
Signature needs updating
Message 14 of 23
vikingred
Frequent Contributor

In Nov 2014, in a week's time, I opened 12 cards:  Amex ED, Amex Biz Gold, Chase Ink, Chase Freedom, Amazon (Chase) Visa, Barclay's Rewards MC, Paypal Visa, Walmart MC, BofA Visa, Discover IT, Exxon Gas, Shell Gas.  No FR, No AA.  Spending appropriately, mostly PIF but carrying some small ($50-100) balances on some cards.  Rotating spends.  Got spooked with all the AA's lately.  Watching Amex and Chase SP me 2x month is a bit nerve racking.  Oh and in December I did SCT and grabbed an Overstock Card.  No more though.  Got wait at least 6 months.  ;-) 

Cards I want:  Ritz Carlton (the metal one, not the plastic one--I'd close the acct if they sent plastic), CSP, Barclay Arrival Plus, Citi something.

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@vikingred wrote:

In Nov 2014, in a week's time, I opened 12 cards:  Amex ED, Amex Biz Gold, Chase Ink, Chase Freedom, Amazon (Chase) Visa, Barclay's Rewards MC, Paypal Visa, Walmart MC, BofA Visa, Discover IT, Exxon Gas, Shell Gas.  No FR, No AA.  Spending appropriately, mostly PIF but carrying some small ($50-100) balances on some cards.  Rotating spends.  Got spooked with all the AA's lately.  Watching Amex and Chase SP me 2x month is a bit nerve racking.  Oh and in December I did a CST and grabbed an Overstock Card.  No more though.  Got wait at least 6 months.  ;-) 

Cards I want:  Ritz Carlton (the metal one, not the plastic one--I'd close the acct if they sent plastic), CSP, Barclay Arrival Plus, Citi something.

The plastic isn't permanent.

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Imagine if the 4,000 job cuts were from the FR team. We would not have 4000 FR threads.
Message 17 of 23
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@vikingred wrote:

In Nov 2014, in a week's time, I opened 12 cards:  Amex ED, Amex Biz Gold, Chase Ink, Chase Freedom, Amazon (Chase) Visa, Barclay's Rewards MC, Paypal Visa, Walmart MC, BofA Visa, Discover IT, Exxon Gas, Shell Gas.  No FR, No AA.  Spending appropriately, mostly PIF but carrying some small ($50-100) balances on some cards.  Rotating spends.  Got spooked with all the AA's lately.  Watching Amex and Chase SP me 2x month is a bit nerve racking.  Oh and in December I did SCT and grabbed an Overstock Card.  No more though.  Got wait at least 6 months.  ;-) 

I would garden that stash for at least a year.  AAoA figures heavily into bankcard scores.  Slow down and smell the coffee, get some sign up bonuses, and let that stack grow.  JMHO.

Signature needs updating
Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Imagine if the 4,000 job cuts were from the FR team. We would not have 4000 FR threads.

This is a move I can stand behind. Smiley Tongue

Message 19 of 23
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This is a move I can stand behind. Smiley Tongue

Methinks they don't have 4k jobs in the FR department.  Wishful thinking guys.

Signature needs updating
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.