Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening chase bank account

tag
dadembk
Established Member

Re: Opening chase bank account

1st, I bank with Chase and love their app/online bill pay stuff. But if relationship banking is what your really looking for go to a credit union. I kept money in a savings account every year with Chase and then would move to an IRA in chunks. I know they used my money while it was there and i used to generate a lot of swipe fees on my debit card. So I think I was a pretty good customer. They decline my CC apps twice a year for a foreclosure and repo just over 5 years ago. They're on my report but the relationship doesn't over come it. Ive never owed Chase anything, so there is no blacklist thing here. Recons never work. I will say they are now my goal card to get because of this though.

But if you want a relationship bank go to a credit union.
AKA The Fictional Gardener
In the garden, then out, then in again, etc.
Currently
Fico 691 (Barclay), Fico 671 (Experian)
Goal
700 across the board

Message 21 of 24
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@dadembk wrote:
1st, I bank with Chase and love their app/online bill pay stuff. But if relationship banking is what your really looking for go to a credit union. I kept money in a savings account every year with Chase and then would move to an IRA in chunks. I know they used my money while it was there and i used to generate a lot of swipe fees on my debit card. So I think I was a pretty good customer. They decline my CC apps twice a year for a foreclosure and repo just over 5 years ago. They're on my report but the relationship doesn't over come it. Ive never owed Chase anything, so there is no blacklist thing here. Recons never work. I will say they are now my goal card to get because of this though.

But if you want a relationship bank go to a credit union.

I started banking with Chase about 6 months ago and recently opened a business checking account. Thought i would never get in with them but go approved for the Marriott and United not too long ago. I tried for the CSP a couple of weeks after getting the United but was denied (havent reconned yet) due to recent inquries, opening recent accounts with them and chargeoffs (from 2007). I guess i did push my luck applying for the CSP. Im ok though, i got some decent limits on both cards so will try again in about 8 months. I have 5 digit balances on both accounts so im thinking that helped a bit. Had just beed denied for the Slate 10 months ago.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 22 of 24
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@scenery_guy wrote:

@enharu wrote:
@scenery, were your inquiries recent at that time and were they all due to credit card apps?

I should have made it clearer. If they were due to a mortgage or auto loan, explaining that would have been a lot easier if an explanation was even necessary.

I used to think 10 inquiries on a bureau as excessive, but after spending time on this forums, what I consider as excessive is having 20+ inquiries on a bureau due to credit apps solely.

I typically have applied for 3 cards every 91 days for past year, some of the cards are double pulls so 4-5 HP x 4 quarters = 18-20 just in credit cards. Add a few for auto loan one year ago. So a steady flow of INQ hitting every 3 months or so. When old ones drop off new ones are added as I apply for a new set of cards. 

How many cards do you have?

19 total with 7 for my business and the rest personal. All prime except for the Merrick card that needs to go. 

Message 23 of 24
red259
Super Contributor

@scenery_guy wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@scenery_guy wrote:

@enharu wrote:
@scenery, were your inquiries recent at that time and were they all due to credit card apps?

I should have made it clearer. If they were due to a mortgage or auto loan, explaining that would have been a lot easier if an explanation was even necessary.

I used to think 10 inquiries on a bureau as excessive, but after spending time on this forums, what I consider as excessive is having 20+ inquiries on a bureau due to credit apps solely.

I typically have applied for 3 cards every 91 days for past year, some of the cards are double pulls so 4-5 HP x 4 quarters = 18-20 just in credit cards. Add a few for auto loan one year ago. So a steady flow of INQ hitting every 3 months or so. When old ones drop off new ones are added as I apply for a new set of cards. 

How many cards do you have?

19 total with 7 for my business and the rest personal. All prime except for the Merrick card that needs to go. 

Ugh. I would never be able to keep track of that many cards.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.