Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening new amex

tag
Ups77
Regular Contributor

Opening new amex

I was wondering if it was to early to open a new amex account. I opened blue cash preferred on March 5. Backed dated to 96. Also any suggestions on another of there products.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Opening new amex

What's your score and profile like? Other cards, limits? 

I opened a new Amex 4 months after opening my first account with them, no problem.

Message 2 of 13
Ups77
Regular Contributor

All scores over 725. Ex one recent pull which was amex. Other 2 pulls 6 months plus old. 1% utilization.

Message 3 of 13
Ups77
Regular Contributor

10 Accounts averaging 10k. 

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ups77 wrote:

I was wondering if it was to early to open a new amex account. I opened blue cash preferred on March 5. Backed dated to 96. Also any suggestions on another of there products.

You should be fine with a new application as along as your credit profile supports it.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed. I would go for it. What other Amex cards do you have, and what type of rewards are you looking for? Travel, cash back?

Message 6 of 13
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Ups77 wrote:

I was wondering if it was to early to open a new amex account.

It's not simply a matter of time but a matter of your credit.  From your other posts it sounds like you'd be fine but keep in mind that we're not AmEx underwriters.

Message 7 of 13
Ups77
Regular Contributor

I have the bcp. 

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's it though? How'd you manage to get it backdated to 96 then? I would go for it though.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
That's it though? How'd you manage to get it backdated to 96 then? I would go for it though.

good question

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.