Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening with NFCU

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Opening with NFCU

Figured I'd post here for better exposure...if you open a CC or a checking account, or even join NFCU via a share acct, do you have to sign docs as a condition for membership (e.g. signing agreements or signature cards)? If so can those be faxed in or do you have to hand deliver those into a branch?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
calihlove75
Established Contributor

Re: Opening with NFCU

I opened a checking, savings, and credit card and I didn't sign anything.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 2 of 12
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

@llecs wrote:

Figured I'd post here for better exposure...if you open a CC or a checking account, or even join NFCU via a share acct, do you have to sign docs as a condition for membership (e.g. signing agreements or signature cards)? If so can those be faxed in or do you have to hand deliver those into a branch?

Never signed anything. Don't even think they truly verify 

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 3 of 12
Datx
Valued Contributor

I remember going into the branch. I joined a couple of years ago, and they wanted me to verify my ID and mail it in. I decided to go to the branch instead of waiting for them to receive my docs through snail mail. Rep at the branch was nice as can be, she called their security dept and got me cleared right away. I even left with a bag full of goodies.

Message 4 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@llecs wrote:

I was about to say they mailed to me and I had to sign but now wondering if that was Alliant all so long ago... Either way if I did sign something, the accounts were opened online and later the documents came in mail, sign and mail back, no biggie.

Just in Case people are thinking of opening from family or household, for like 5 days looks like they are offering $40 to referal person and to new application!!

Message 5 of 12
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

When joining, I had to fax SS card and DL to them, but don't remember signing anything. when I got my visa, I had to reverify my ID in person at a branch. When I got myNavchek, they required that I sign the loan docs. That is the only thing I recall signing with them.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 6 of 12
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

When I joined; I joined online joint account with my husband who was already a member.

I only had to sign something for my auto loan and overdraft LOC
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 7 of 12
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Hehe I just noticed something cool

Congratulations, webhopper!

As the result of your contributions to the community, you have earned a new rank. Your new rank is Senior Contributor.

We appreciate your efforts and hope you will continue to be an active member of the community.

Thanks!

The myFICO® Forums Team
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 8 of 12
adavis425
Established Contributor

Opened ckecking and savings online. Didn't sign or verify anything.

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 9 of 12
js0319
Established Contributor

How did everyone become eligible for membership with NFCU, and how did they verify eligibility?

AMEX PRG - NPSL I AMEX Everyday Preferred - $34.8k I Capital One Venture - $20k I Chase Sapphire Preferred - $25.5k I Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier - $20.7k I Barclay Arrival + - $10k I Capital One Quicksilver - $10k I NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature - $15k I NASA FCU - $10k I Texell FCU Visa - $5k I Chase Freedom - $9.9k I Citi Double Cash - $7.8k I Discover IT - $5k I NFCU CLOC - $15k I Total Unsecured Credit - $188,700

EQ FICO - 714 (5/24/16) I TU FICO - 772 (5/24/16) I EX FICO - 770 (5/24/16)
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.