Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinion Barclay Rewards or Capital One Qs

tag
My_Fako
Established Contributor

Opinion Barclay Rewards or Capital One Qs

Next month my Barclays Rewards will be 6 month's old,  an hoping for a Increase on my 6th statement. 

Also my Qs is do for another increase next month, and if I get one I plan on combineing my Qs account. 

Question is which one should I try and put all the spend I can on it. Barclays or Qs?  Since both do for increase... 

Amex PRG NPSL I Chase Marriott $10k I Venture $15.3k I Amex BCE $10K I PNC 13K I Chase IHG $8.6k l Amazon $6k l Chase Hyatt 20k l US Bank Cash+ $13K I Barclays $12.6k I Venture $13k l Discover it $4.6k l Express Next $3.1k l Amex EverDay $15K l Cabelas 1k I Wayfair $17.1k I Walmart $8k l SG $9.8k l Target $3.6K I PP 2K l AU Shell Gas $900 opened in 1974 l Ex 704 Tu 698 Eq 667

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Opinion Barclay Rewards or Capital One Qs

all depends on your current limits and how much spend.  Usually cap1 6 month increases arent more than 1-3k from what I have seen/experienced.   I also have an aversion to cap1 so naturally I would say put the spend on barclays, get them to love you since they are moody

Message 2 of 9
My_Fako
Established Contributor

OK. When I applied for barclays rewards my SL was a low 1k...

My last Capital one increase was 3k...

I have 2,  one Qs $4250 and one Qs1 $2750 this is the one due for the increase. 

Amex PRG NPSL I Chase Marriott $10k I Venture $15.3k I Amex BCE $10K I PNC 13K I Chase IHG $8.6k l Amazon $6k l Chase Hyatt 20k l US Bank Cash+ $13K I Barclays $12.6k I Venture $13k l Discover it $4.6k l Express Next $3.1k l Amex EverDay $15K l Cabelas 1k I Wayfair $17.1k I Walmart $8k l SG $9.8k l Target $3.6K I PP 2K l AU Shell Gas $900 opened in 1974 l Ex 704 Tu 698 Eq 667

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@My_Fako wrote:

My last Capital one increase was 3k...

I have 2,  one Qs $4250 and one Qs1 $2750 this is the one due for the increase. 

When do you plan on combining them? Maybe I would take the chance on cap1 in this instance, and get the qs1 limits up more, combine them to remove the AF. then focus on barclays, what else is on your radar?

Message 4 of 9
My_Fako
Established Contributor

I'm most likely going to combine right after I receive the increase. Fingers crossed tho. Been using Discover for most of my spend lately... Trying to land on Thier radar. I'll be ecstatic if cap1 gives me a $2750 increase. Then after I combine I'll have a 10k limit again. 

I need to get off my ass and start dealing with my baddies again. Want some nice travel cards... 

Message 5 of 9
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@My_Fako wrote:

Next month my Barclays Rewards will be 6 month's old,  an hoping for a Increase on my 6th statement. 

Also my Qs is do for another increase next month, and if I get one I plan on combineing my Qs account. 

Question is which one should I try and put all the spend I can on it. Barclays or Qs?  Since both do for increase... 

I like them both so I use them equally. For utilities and groceries I try to use Barclays since it's 2% on those.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 6 of 9
My_Fako
Established Contributor

I like them both too.  But which one should I try a put as much pif spend. For the possible 6 month increase next month... 

Message 7 of 9
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Do not rely in usage for CLI's.  Primary factors with any creditor are credit profile and income.

@My_Fako wrote:

Has your profile improved with regard to their concerns when they granted you that limit?  Again, it's credit profile and income.   CLI's are not simply handed out in exchange for time and they are not based solely on usage either.

@My_Fako wrote:

I need to get off my ass and start dealing with my baddies again. 

You definitely need to focus on derogs if you have them as they are the biggest factor for your profile.  Get them removed if you can and you'll see better limits, CLI's, APR's, etc.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally I would say Barclay in this situation. I have both of the cards that you are talking about. My 6 month was just up a couple days ago on Barclays. They ended up putting me from $2,000 starting limit to $5000 last week. My Capital One has always been smaller increases no matter how much I use them or pay them all. Maybe Barclays will be more generous than the Quiksilver. Also I feel like it's easier to get credit line increases with Capital One, than it is to get them with Barclays sometimes. I've heard about them automatically giving increases the night of your sixth statement cut. I didn't actually wait that long, I waited until about a week before and I called in for a decrease of my APR and then I asked about an increase also. I have a bankruptcy from 2014 and a lot of inquiries this month because I bought a car. She asked a ton of questions, I explained everything and she ended up authorizing the increase to $5000. I was actually pretty happy and surprised with Barclays. Maybe you could try the same thing? They are much more finicky than Capital One in my opinion. Capital One still hasn't given me my 6 month increase on my Quicksilver. My last increase was six months and about two weeks ago and they keep denying any increases. They keep telling me that I had a recent one. Annoying but I know it will come with time :-) good luck.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.