Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinion needed please. GARDEN or AMEX BCE? // Eventually CSP

tag
SquareObsidian
Established Member

Opinion needed please. GARDEN or AMEX BCE? // Eventually CSP

Salutations.

I have been expanding my credit profile as of late, and was just wanting a few extra opinions on whether I should garden at this point or app for a new card so that they can all grow old together. ♥

Currently my Fico's according to MyFico are as follows:

ExperianFICO® SCORE

EquifaxFICO® SCORE

TransUnionFICO® SCORE

My current cards are as follows:

Chase Freedom $2,200 9/13
Discover it $1,250 2/13
Capitol One Platinum $500 9/12 (Recently PC to Quicksilver)

Been getting a lot of mail offers from Bank of America for their Cash Rewards card but I don't know that I am interested in it. Recently opened up a checking and savings account with chase and I'll be putting the majoraty of my money with them. Eventually I'd like to go for the CSP. I know I don't have the greatest of incomes (28k) but, I've heard plenty of stories where someone with good credit and and a retail relationship with them have pretty good chances.

According to CK and CS and CreditCards.com/CardMatch the AMEX BCE is my "perfect" match where I am currently standing, but I don't really feel that's entirely accurate. I don't really like rejection. ♥

So, what do you guys think? Is it off to the garden with me?

Edit;

Util is usually 0%

Amex BCE $6,000 10/13 ♥ Chase Freedom $2,200 9/13 ♥ Discover it $1,250 2/13 ♥CapitolOne Quicksilver $1250 9/12 ♥

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Opinion needed please. To Garden or NOT to Garden?

Assuming your util is low and no baddies I would say you have a good shot at the BCE. Is the Freedom reporting?
Message 2 of 11
SquareObsidian
Established Member

The Freedom is not reporting as of yet.

Amex BCE $6,000 10/13 ♥ Chase Freedom $2,200 9/13 ♥ Discover it $1,250 2/13 ♥CapitolOne Quicksilver $1250 9/12 ♥

Message 3 of 11
SquareObsidian
Established Member

My util as always been at or around 0%, I usually PIF before my statement cuts.

The only thing I'm worried about is inquiries. I'd have to check further on that.

Message 4 of 11
SquareObsidian
Established Member

Took me a while to realize I could edit posts..my bad.

Updated first post to include utilization.

Message 5 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Don't pay all your account always before the statement because then it's not showing your credit profile you can handle any credit because it doesn't look like your using it... let 1 card report a month a smaller balance of some sort.

I would apply to Amex.. wait, amex was the question right!?

Message 6 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

oh and you got offers for Bank of America... I say those are good to go... apply.

my partner got his BCP through creditcards.com match.

Message 7 of 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I would app for the BCP before Freedom posts.  Plus you're locking in 2013 member year for future backdating purposes.

Message 8 of 11
SquareObsidian
Established Member

So looking at my credit profile I have a pretty good shot for it?

Message 9 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Use the link you get from creditcards.com that has a better sign up offer.

Go for the BCP and good luck!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.